[Meta] [Halmae] From Table to Screen: Writing the Battle of Agramount

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
StevenAC said:
So Fajitas, what's this about? :)
Gosh, Steven, thanks for asking... ;)

Figuring that a) while playing Testy was probably fun and all, I should give Spyscribe a little something to compensate her for the long delay in getting Lira raised, b) Spyscribe loves Euro, and c) Euro was one mightily pissed off weasel, I created the Crazed Weasel of Death rules (or C-WOD, pronounced C-Wad, as Bad Monkey Jeff insisted on calling them).

To my consternation, I can't seem to find where, if anywhere, I actually recorded the C-WOD Rules, but I'm fairly certain the gist was this: at the party's discretion, one mightily pissed off weasel would charge forward into combat, jump on a targetted NPC, and proceed to bite them about the head and face. While this would not inflict any meaningful damage, it would force a Concentration Check for the target, which, if failed, would cause them to lose their spell or allow anyone threatening them to take an Attack of Opportunity.

The power of an angry weasel lies not in hit point damage alone...

spyscribe

First Post
Oh, so that's why it was so important to BadMonkeyJeff that he be known at the C-wad. Penny just dropped. That's even more awesome than I thought it was. :)

Fajitas said:
To my consternation, I can't seem to find where, if anywhere, I actually recorded the C-WOD Rules...

According to what I scrawled on Euro's character sheet when I got back to the game. Euro got a +4 to his attack while raging, and on a successful attack he would trigger a DC 20 concentration check to the target.

Beyond that, I don't have any information. It was my impression that it was an ability designed to be useful during that fight on the barge after Lady Tempeste, but before the party reached Barnabus, and I wasn't there for that game.

StevenAC

Explorer
Thanks for the C-WOD info, Fajitas. Although, for some reason when I saw this:
Fajitas said:
While this would not inflict any meaningful damage, it would force a Concentration Check for the target, which, if failed, would cause them to lose their spell or allow anyone threatening them to take an Attack of Opportunity.
...I misread it as forcing a "Consternation check" -- which, come to think of it, is probably appropriate when you're being ravaged by a berserker weasel... :)

Remove ads