• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Misc Geek Talk = Off topic?

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Not usually one to complain, and I know there is a similar discussion occurring here in Meta regarding trolling --- but the Misc Geek Talk Forum has started to become an OT dumping ground (butter knives?). Would it be possible, even if short-term as things settle down, to create an OT forum? Or give them their own thread similar to the Hive? (Or, more self-serving, to create an Art/Miniatures sub-forum? I don't mind my thread being bumped off the first page daily (it keeps me motivated), but I hate to lose track of other great threads, like "Minis on the Cheap", or Pogre's Miniatures, etc. Or have other great fan art posts lost after just one post. Yes, I suppose I could use the Tags and searches; but that doesn't help the casual lurker see cool threads.

Thanks for your consideration.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It used to be called Off Topic! :)

The old art/minis forum got merged into it because, frankly, it was dead as a doornail. The first page of threads went back about 8 years. It's a cool idea to have an art forum, but the sad truth is that people (here) simply don't use it. Minis really go in the Tabletop Gaming forum these days now, anyway, where they're more appropriate. I might try to find some of those older ones and move them across.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to splitting up the OT/media forum into areas of interest (I'd LOVE to see a busy science forum, and a busy art forum, and a busy movies forum, etc.) but there wouldn't be enough posts on each sub-subject to create a forum with.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I figured that was the case with an Art Forum. I started my Miniature painting thread in Misc Geek, I think because that is where Pogre's was. Feel free to move it to Tabletop if more appropriate :)

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?338382-Miniatures-Dog-s-Bones-latest-model-gt-Halloween-Beasties

Also, I liked it when the name changed to Misc Geek & Tech -- it seemed to help focus it a little better to interesting topics for gamers.

Thanks again Morrus!

Remove ads