Kickstarter Monsters of the Dungeon for 5E and other RPGs

Brave the darkness! We return to the heart of the game with a new monster book! Monsters of the Dungeon: Brave the Darkness is the sixth book in our bestselling Monsters series for 5E. This time we will also include conversion pages for PF2 and other RPGs.

Monsters of the Dungeon on Kickstarter

We are going to publish our biggest book yet! Monsters of the Dungeon: Brave the Darkness will have 100-120 new monsters and 160-175 pages. You get a color illustration of each monster, stat block, bio, and much more! There will be seven chapters detailing seven types of dungeons: Arcane, Castle, Manor, Thieves' Guild, Tomb, Wilderness, and Mountain. There will also be over 300 quest ideas, magic items, and encounters for each chapter. At the back of the book, we'll have lists of the monsters by type and CR.
MOTD-Ads-Now-Funding.jpg

There are Stretch Goals to add additional monsters, an illustrated traps section, seven dungeon maps by Travis Hanson, and more!

MOTD-Ads-Monsters-Series-Coming-Soon.jpg

The Monsters series* is currently made up of five books with over 500 monsters for your game. It includes Monsters of Feyland, Monsters of Feyland 2: The Well of Dreams, Monsters of the Underworld, Monsters of the City: Sins and Virtues, and Monsters of the Wilderness: Oswald's Curse. All the monster books in our series are more like campaign books! *These books are also available as rewards.
338532350_1033710904273240_8202005447939814074_n.jpg

338429442_1550143242150090_8555699182580666117_n.jpg

335590633_185610567508569_2700265338645536910_n.jpg

335506405_3371389759778495_6413634961888895067_n.jpg

Attachments

• monsters of the dungeon work_page_18 copy.png
    monsters of the dungeon work_page_18 copy.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 53

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Very excited about this. I've got all these monster books except for Wilderness, and the preview is all stuff I can see slotting into a game immediately, rather than the "huh, that's cool -- maybe some day I'll figure out how to use it in a game" stuff that's in many monster books.

I'd like to get some more detail on the dungeon types, though, because some of those don't sound like dungeons and I'm not sure what the difference is between a "castle" dungeon and a "manor" dungeon is.

I like the inclusion of more dungeon utility in this book; more stuff like that will be greatly appreciated.

Very excited about this. I've got all these monster books except for Wilderness, and the preview is all stuff I can see slotting into a game immediately, rather than the "huh, that's cool -- maybe some day I'll figure out how to use it in a game" stuff that's in many monster books.

I'd like to get some more detail on the dungeon types, though, because some of those don't sound like dungeons and I'm not sure what the difference is between a "castle" dungeon and a "manor" dungeon is.

I like the inclusion of more dungeon utility in this book; more stuff like that will be greatly appreciated.
That's great. Like all of our books the monsters can be used in many settings, not just the setting that is mentioned. The dungeon types can overlap for sure. Arcane dungeons - wizard workshops, portals, alchemy, summoned creatures, constructs. Castle - an extension/lower levels of the castle, jails, treasure vaults, barracks. Manor- extended areas of noble mansions, guest rooms, hidden activities (cults), strange undead guests and nobles. Thieves' Guild - catacombs, sewers, guild operations and operatives (not just thieves), other criminals. Tomb - undead, celestials, cultists. Wilderness - remote dungeons where the natural world has found its way inside, plants, oozes, fey. Mountain - larger monsters, enormous dungeons, fortresses, evil humanoids, fiends. That's an overview

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ah, that makes sense.

Very fun. I like this direction you've taken in the more recent books, breaking up the biome into subcategories. (Monsters of the City is especially useful in this regard.)

Remove ads