• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moving from NG to True Neutral

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
My DM recently expressed concern that my Dwarven Wizard is moving from NG to TN. I was very nervous about this, until I found out that they got rid of the silly XP penalities from 2E for alignment change.

We've been tossing it around for a few weeks. Here's what he's done in the last few adventures ... is he NG or TN?

1. Rushed into melee to save his cousin ... dying in the process.
2. Fought with fellow party members and criticized them for the stupid things they've done.
3. Traded with Red Wizards.
4. Traded spells with a lich.

What do you think?

drnuncheon

Explorer
Bronn Spellforger said:
1. Rushed into melee to save his cousin ... dying in the process.
2. Fought with fellow party members and criticized them for the stupid things they've done.
3. Traded with Red Wizards.
4. Traded spells with a lich.

What do you think?

I don't think that those things warrant an alignment change, but I'd need more information (especially on 3 & 4).

#1 could be done by a person of any alignment - the important thing there is why he did it. Did he want to save his cousin out of familial loyalty and a sense of duty? Did he do it out of frendship? Did he do it because he thought he would benefit?

#2 is also possible for someone of any alignment. 'Good' does not necessarily equal 'nice', after all.

#3 and #4, we don't have enough information. If he was knowingly giving the lich the one spell the lich needed to complete his research and plunge the entire world into eternal night and chaos, that's definitely Not Good. If he was merely engaging in an exchange of knowledge then there's no real morality to discuss.

J

Remove ads