My wife won't let me play D&D.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
"First and foremost: I am a geek."

I tell that to all the prospective women i date. I let them know i am into all sorts of geeky things: computers, D&D, tinkering and building things, but also into other things as well: sports, beach, reading, writing, romance, etc.

Make sure she knows that you are happy being who you are and what you like to do and stress that D&D is a hobby like some people have building ships, writing, watching movies, etc. and that it is harmless as others have said before.

I second the notion for reading men are from mars women are from venus. It clears up so many different things you may be forgetting and overlooking...

Voneth

First Post
I feel for you, too.

So my question is, what does your wife do while have your guy time?

I married a woman who appeared to game, but once we were married she decided that it was time to "grow up." And the gaming had to go as we spent 24/7 with each other, with her the center of my attention. She never picked up any other hobbies and even would wake me up from the middle afternoon on my sleep cycle while I was on the night shift, simply becuase she was lonely. She was always calling in the middle of games "just to talk" becuse she didn't want to go out, or make any friends.

Then I had one nice relationship where the woman gamed once with us and then decided it wasn't for her. She would go out and party while I ran games. A lot of times I would wrap up a game around midnight and then go out and join her.

I don't know the details of your relationship, but I ain't asking. I do ask that you look over both your actions and talk. And count yourself lucky, I don't waste my breath giving out relationship advice anymore. I got tired of getting ignored. :)

Remove ads