D&D 3E/3.5 Nar Demonbinder question

rgard

Adventurer
Question folks. I don't have the book handy (it's in a box in one of two buildings). Is the Nar Demonbinder really only 7 levels long? 8th level spells being the maximum?

If yes, it seems plausible to make it a 10 level PrC. Monster summoning IX, etc for 9th level spells.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Yes, it is indeed 7 levels long and gets its own unique spellcasting progression, starting at 4th level spells and ending at 8th level.

Padding it out to a 10 level PrC seems pretty straightforward.

From what I remember, it was similar to Ur-Priest in that the popular builds for it were "theurge" types that progressed 2 spellcasting classes at once.

rgard

Adventurer
Hi TwoSix, thanks for confirming. Yep, with it's own spellcasting progression it's similar to the Sublime Chord, but you are limited to certain spells.

Off the top of my head the 9th level spells available would be something like this:

Monster summoning IX
Freedom
Imprisonment
Gate

I'll have to come up with 3 levels of specials or stretch out the ones in the class over 10 levels maybe.

rgard

Adventurer
Thanks.

I got it relatively recently as a PDF during a sale, but more for use as a lore book so I have not delved into the prestige class mechanics.
There's some good stuff in that book. I think the Animate Dread Warrior spell is in that book. Lots of things for evil NPCs.

Last edited:

Remove ads