• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need guest DM / Keeper for Lovecraftian podcast!

Uncaring Cosmos

First Post
Howdy, all!

I'm the host of the Uncaring Cosmos podcast - a fun, spooky podcast featuring audio playthroughs of Lovecraftian games and interviews with designers and developers. It's a relatively new podcast, and the focus has been on video games so far. However, I thought it might be interesting to mix it up a bit and branch out into tabletop RPGs (e.g. Call of Cthulhu) and even boardgames (e.g. Arkham Horror).

The idea is to feature different guest keepers and have them go through different scenarios via Skype with a single player - me! The game can be any Lovecraftian RPG (e.g. Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark, tremulus, etc.) with either a published scenario or something designed by the keeper.

I'm relatively new to tabletop roleplaying, so would need an experienced Keeper to guide me through an introductory adventure. The game would be with one player, but I would FULLY expect to die horribly. In fact, that's kind of the point of the podcast - it's called "Uncaring Cosmos" for a reason! I'm quite happy to run through scenarios intended for multiple investigators and then fail miserably - the fun of the podcast will be wondering how long I can survive.

I would record the audio, and then edit it and mix in sound effects and music (I have permission to use some brilliant Lovecraftian music from some excellent musicians). I would also contact the scenario author for an interview afterwards, to hear about the thinking that went into the scenario (or, if the guest keeper wrote the scenario themselves - then I'll interview them!)

The podcast is at http://uncaringcosmos.com/

My timezone is GMT +1, and I would be able to play either in the evenings or on weekends.

Let me know if you're interested!

Remove ads