• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help on Luckbringer prestige class

Jovah

First Post
We created the Luckbringer to be an "elite" Priest of Bes (God of Luck in Kid Charlamagne's campaign)

The requirements make the priest have to be 6th level (then lucky 7 is level one in Luckbringer)

I am looking for the 6th level special ability.

i have:
1. Daredevil - +1 luck bonus to all saving throws
2. Better lucky than good- may re-roll 1/day. this stacks with Luck domain.
3. Bes' Watchful Eye - +1 luck bonus to AC
4. Fickle Finger - 1/day he can make another creature - friend or foe re-roll
5. Uncanny dodge- retain dex bonus even if flatfooted.
6. ????
7. Aura of Bes - 10' ft radius +1 luck bonus on attack and saves for allies, -1 penalty for enemies.

thanks for your support

hong

WotC's bitch
Use 2 levels of uncanny dodge.

1. Uncanny dodge- retain dex bonus even if flatfooted.
2. Daredevil - +1 luck bonus to all saving throws
3. Better lucky than good- may re-roll 1/day. this stacks with Luck domain.
4. Bes' Watchful Eye - +1 luck bonus to AC
5. Fickle Finger - 1/day he can make another creature - friend or foe re-roll
6. Uncanny dodge - can't be flanked except by rogue 4 levels higher
7. Aura of Bes - 10' ft radius +1 luck bonus on attack and saves for allies, -1 penalty for enemies.

reapersaurus

Explorer
only re-rolling once per day is incredibly weak for a PC that specializes in Luck, IMO.

Here's a comparison: in GURPS, there's an advantage (about 1/6th of a PC's abilities) that allows you to re-roll 3 times, once per hour of gameplay.
This can be increased to once every 30 minutes, and more.

I took it for a character I wanted that Fate smiles upon, and it hasn't unbalanced anything.

*plink plink*

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
Hey why dont you try this first of all make it so he can use his reroll cha mod times a day and then give him an ability that when he is put to 0 hp points or below he automatically gains back 2d8 hp, usable 3/day.

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Level 6 Ability:

Fortune Favors The Bold:

Upon reaching sixth level, a Luckbringer gains the Fortune Favors The Bold special ability. Whenever a Luckbringer attempts a particularly daring or risky task/maneuver, apply a +7 Luck Bonus to the skill check or attack roll.

Depending on how you want it balanced, you can either:

A) Make this an ability that can be activated a limited amount of times a day by shouting "Fortune Favors The Bold!" while attempting the skill check/attack roll.

B) Make this ability activate any time the Luckbringer attempts a daring or risky maneuver.

Judging from what I see of the class, and what I've read in the Story Hour, this would seem to be the best ability to use for the class. Just my opinion, though.

Remove ads