• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help picking traits - Bard and the rogue. Pathfinder.

Greenfeuer

Explorer
Hey there forum my GM just provided us with run through of our BG's from the ultimate campaign that means traits. And more of those.

I am playing a bard/Rogue myself level 4. 2 in rogue 2 in bard or 3 in rogue 1 in bard. Dependning on what I decied.

I got these traits after making my BG and it seemse my GM forgotten when he ran the others through to say that you can only
pick on trait from etc/class/type as in you can't pick two social trait, so he said :):):):) it! Just pick som traits and it will be cool.

So I will! So faar I am consindering Wordly - Vagabond - Resilient or Seeker or Dirty Fighting. Actually I consinder alot, so faar Vagabond and Worldly seemse to be
the once I lean most towards.

I got the attachtment drawback, we all got draw backs so! :)

Hope my infomation is clear enough, I am planning to go arcane trickster probably soon or later. But nothing is 100% defined.

My current feats are: Rogue talent - Finesse Rogue - Decitfull - Persuasive - Agile Manuvers.

________________________________________________________________________________

Traits I can pick so faar:

Civilized social trade.

You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (nobility) checks and Knowledge (local) checks. Knowledge (local) is always a class skill for you.

Vagabond child Regional.

You grew up among the outcasts and outlaws of your society, learning to forage and survive in an urban environment. Select one of the following skills: Disable Device, Escape Artist, or Sleight of Hand. You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with that skill, and it is always a class skill for you.

Orphan social trade.

You grew up separated from your birth parents, and had to learn to watch out for yourself. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks, and Survival is always a class skill for you.

Kin guardian combat:

triat. +4 AC to assited family member.

Dirty Fighter Combat.

You wouldn't have lived to make it out of childhood without the aid of a sibling, friend, or companion you could always count on to distract your enemies long enough for you to do a little bit more damage than normal. That companion may be another PC or an NPC (who may even be recently departed from your side).
Benefit: When you hit a foe you are
flanking, you deal 1 additional point of damage (this damage is added to your base damage, and is multiplied on a critical hit). This additional damage is a trait bonus.

Seeker: You are always on the lookout for reward and danger. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, and Perception is always a class skill for you.

Poverty stricken trait.

Your childhood was tough, and your parents always had to make every copper piece count. Hunger was your constant companion, and you often had to live off the land or sleep in the wild. You gain a +1 bonus on Survival checks, and Survival is always a class skill for you.

Unforgotten (Story)

You search for a person dear to you—lost, but you pray not dead.
Prerequisite: You must have a close relative, spouse, or other person dear to your heart who never returned from a journey, was captured, or otherwise vanished with little trace, or you have the Major Disaster background.
Benefit: Your dogged determination reduces any nonlethal damage you take by 1 point, to a minimum of 1 point of nonlethal damage. You also gain a +1 bonus on Will saves.
Goal: Find your lost loved one alive, and in the process, decisively defeat a challenging foe who kept you apart.
Completion Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all saving throws, replacing the +1 bonus on Will saves. If you find your loved one dead, you lose all benefits from this feat until you put the body and possibly soul to proper rest. Putting the body to rest restores the completion benefit, but you don’t regain the ability to reduce nonlethal damage.

Resilient: Growing up in a poor neighborhood or in the unforgiving wilds often forced you to subsist on food and water from doubtful sources. You’ve built up your constitution as a result, and gain a +1 trait bonus on Fortitude saves. The seeker social trait.

Worldly: You have acquired an unusual breadth of life experience—more than others of your age, race, or culture. Once per day when attempting a skill check for a skill you’re untrained in, you can roll twice and take the better result.

Attached Drawback
: You have a strong emotional attachment to a person or object that you’re terrif ied of losing. The GM chooses the object of your attachment. Whenever the object of your attachment is either threatened, in danger,
or in someone else’s possession, you take a –1 penalty on Will saves and a –2 penalty on saves against fear effects. If the person or object to which you’re attached is ever lost, killed, or destroyed, exchange this drawback for the Doubt drawback

Last edited:

Greenfeuer

Explorer
For those with Black bagground! -

Hey there forum my GM just provided us with run through of our BG's from the ultimate campaign that means traits. And more of those.

I am playing a bard/Rogue myself level 4. 2 in rogue 2 in bard or 3 in rogue 1 in bard. Dependning on what I decied.

I got these traits after making my BG and it seemse my GM forgotten when he ran the others through to say that you can only
pick on trait from etc/class/type as in you can't pick two social trait, so he said :):):):) it! Just pick som traits and it will be cool.

So I will! So faar I am consindering Wordly - Vagabond - Resilient or Seeker or Dirty Fighting. Actually I consinder alot, so faar Vagabond and Worldly seemse to be
the once I lean most towards.

I got the attachtment drawback, we all got draw backs so! :)

Hope my infomation is clear enough, I am planning to go arcane trickster probably soon or later. But nothing is 100% defined.

My current feats are: Rogue talent - Finesse Rogue - Decitfull - Persuasive - Agile Manuvers.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Traits I can pick so faar:

Civilized social trade.

You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (nobility) checks and Knowledge (local) checks. Knowledge (local) is always a class skill for you.

Vagabond child Regional.

You grew up among the outcasts and outlaws of your society, learning to forage and survive in an urban environment. Select one of the following skills: Disable Device, Escape Artist, or Sleight of Hand. You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with that skill, and it is always a class skill for you.

Orphan social trade.

You grew up separated from your birth parents, and had to learn to watch out for yourself. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks, and Survival is always a class skill for you.

Kin guardian combat:

triat. +4 AC to assited family member.

Dirty Fighter Combat.

You wouldn't have lived to make it out of childhood without the aid of a sibling, friend, or companion you could always count on to distract your enemies long enough for you to do a little bit more damage than normal. That companion may be another PC or an NPC (who may even be recently departed from your side).
Benefit: When you hit a foe you are
flanking, you deal 1 additional point of damage (this damage is added to your base damage, and is multiplied on a critical hit). This additional damage is a trait bonus.

Seeker: You are always on the lookout for reward and danger. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, and Perception is always a class skill for you.

Poverty stricken trait.

Your childhood was tough, and your parents always had to make every copper piece count. Hunger was your constant companion, and you often had to live off the land or sleep in the wild. You gain a +1 bonus on Survival checks, and Survival is always a class skill for you.

Unforgotten (Story)

You search for a person dear to you—lost, but you pray not dead.
Prerequisite: You must have a close relative, spouse, or other person dear to your heart who never returned from a journey, was captured, or otherwise vanished with little trace, or you have the Major Disaster background.
Benefit: Your dogged determination reduces any nonlethal damage you take by 1 point, to a minimum of 1 point of nonlethal damage. You also gain a +1 bonus on Will saves.
Goal: Find your lost loved one alive, and in the process, decisively defeat a challenging foe who kept you apart.
Completion Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all saving throws, replacing the +1 bonus on Will saves. If you find your loved one dead, you lose all benefits from this feat until you put the body and possibly soul to proper rest. Putting the body to rest restores the completion benefit, but you don’t regain the ability to reduce nonlethal damage.

Resilient: Growing up in a poor neighborhood or in the unforgiving wilds often forced you to subsist on food and water from doubtful sources. You’ve built up your constitution as a result, and gain a +1 trait bonus on Fortitude saves. The seeker social trait.

Worldly: You have acquired an unusual breadth of life experience—more than others of your age, race, or culture. Once per day when attempting a skill check for a skill you’re untrained in, you can roll twice and take the better result.

Attached
: You have a strong emotional attachment to a person or object that you’re terrif ied of losing. The GM chooses the object of your attachment. Whenever the object of your attachment is either threatened, in danger,
or in someone else’s possession, you take a –1 penalty on Will saves and a –2 penalty on saves against fear effects. If the person or object to which you’re attached is ever lost, killed, or destroyed, exchange this drawback for the Doubt drawback

Daniel Runge

First Post
You have a drawback - does that mean you get an additional trait, or that you chose an extra feat at lvl 1?

In either case, with the drawback you did choose, I would take "The Unforgotten" in a heartbeat - they snug together like hand in glove to my eyes :)
Wordly could fit with the drawback as well, if you have traveled far in search of your lost one.
I've always been a sucker for the trait "Suspicious", so if you can take others than the one on your list, I would take that ^^

I would pick either of these, for a bard/rogue trickster type character, on the lookout for a lost one :)

Greenfeuer

Explorer
You have a drawback - does that mean you get an additional trait, or that you chose an extra feat at lvl 1?

In either case, with the drawback you did choose, I would take "The Unforgotten" in a heartbeat - they snug together like hand in glove to my eyes :)
Wordly could fit with the drawback as well, if you have traveled far in search of your lost one.
I've always been a sucker for the trait "Suspicious", so if you can take others than the one on your list, I would take that ^^

I would pick either of these, for a bard/rogue trickster type character, on the lookout for a lost one :)

I get yo pick tree traits my character survived a plague spread/A zombie plague and left the Port Ardus
Falling ill. I can make up a story maybe. But there is a chance he lost somone in the mess.

I can only pick for now what I said. I got the Wordly from a supernatrual traveling bard who gave my
Character to become a real Bard :) Low fantasy so yeah.

Greenfeuer

Explorer
The Drawback is an attachtment to an object by the way, a old bard book

I would wish people would leave a comment if they have any thoughs on the subject aswell, I new to traits so I am not 100% sure what is good or bad. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads