New Edition of Encyclopedia Cthulhiana coming from Chaosium

Daniel Harms’s detailed guide to the Cthulhu Mythos is getting a refresh

Chaosium announced a new edition of Daniel Harms’s Encyclopedia Cthulhiana: A Guide to Lovecraftian Horror.

encyclopaedia-cthulhiana-1-and-2.jpg

The Encyclopedia Cthulhiana features entries of entities, cults, and lore presented in alphabetical order drawing from the works of not just H.P. Lovecraft but also Ramsey Campbell, Robert Bloch, Stephen King, and many others. The guidebook to all things Cthulhu Mythos was originally published by Chaosium in 1994 with a second edition in 1998 and third edition published by Elder Signs Press in 2008. The new fourth edition will feature a new hardcover format with all-color interior.

Call of Cthulhu creative director Mike Mason said in the announcement post:

“The Encyclopedia Cthulhiana has long been an essential reference for me as a writer and scenario designer. It bursts with insights and details on all manner of Mythos monsters, Great Old Ones, tomes, cultists, and locations. All in one handy package! What’s great is that it not only covers things found in Mythos fiction but also includes numerous contributions from the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game, making it even more useful. It’s great to be working with Dan Harms in bringing this new edition out—after all, the original edition was published by Chaosium, so it’s wonderful to see the book coming home!”

No release date is available at this time.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Voidmoji

Perpetually Perpetrating Plots & Ploys
Supporter
I am stoked to here about this. I really hope there is a PDF version of this as well. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Remove ads

Remove ads