New In Character idea

K

Katleen_

Katleen would be good at it, but at the moment she is too young for such a thing. If there is a job open by the time she is old enough in character I would be more then happy to help with the paper!

C

Ceriaa DeLarees

Personally I don't see why anyone of any age couldn't be a writer for these papers. We would want all the stories, and I think, even one by a child, knowing how they see things can make it fun.

I'll help if needed.

W

WizO_Reesa

Ceriaa DeLarees said:
Personally I don't see why anyone of any age couldn't be a writer for these papers. We would want all the stories, and I think, even one by a child, knowing how they see things can make it fun.

I'll help if needed.

Good point Ceriaa! Yep.. even a child could write for the paper. I don't know how old your character is Katleen_ but there isn't any reason your character could not perhaps dictate their story to someone, who can actually write it out. They could do pictures, etc.

I hope to be able to send out an email to those of you who have written me to say you're interested in this storyline. I want to get a basic plan organized, then I will send it forth to Adele. Right now with UnCon being planned and everything else on the ISRP Area she's working on, she may be busy. Myself, I am doing things offline and stuff online, so I am a wee bit behind in getting to the emails. Tomorrow will be a day spent working on site stuff.

Thanks for the support folks! I think this will be a whole lot of fun. :)

Ceriaa - can you just drop me a small note saying you're interested in helping with the IC paper and if you want Greyhawk or Juxta as the main focus for your character?

Thanks again!
Reesa

K

Killion

I'm In.

Well that's certainly interesting. I tried the same thing, an interplanar newsletter, but due to lack of support and funding, they were forced to shut down. Now that the market is opening back up though, I think that I might have to follow suit.

I present the idea that we should report not just on the fairly insignificant affairs of Juxta and/or Oerth, but also on the Dungeons and Dragons multiverse as a whole, in order to make readers feel like they are not just in an online chat room with two available rooms, but actually participants in a gaming universe completely seperate from their own. Things such as the deaths of major deities used in gaming groups across the 'States and Britain should be discouraged, as well as near impossible events such as The Blood War coming to an end or the extinction of the human race, but events that are interesting, amusing, or useful as plot hooks would certainly broaden the horizens of anyone fortunate enough to subscribe.

In keeping with the current, worldwide theme of capitalism, I also feel that [friendly] competition should be encouraged to see who can come up with the most enlightening interviews, alluring advertisements, and accurate reports.

I'm glad to see that this idea is once again returning to the mainstream.

~Ted~

P.S. To my competitors: Don't get your hopes up. The Interplanar Newsletter will stomp all of you into bankruptcy - Prepare to be monopolized.

W

WizO_Reesa

Re: I'm In.

Killion said:
Well that's certainly interesting. I tried the same thing, an interplanar newsletter, but due to lack of support and funding, they were forced to shut down. Now that the market is opening back up though, I think that I might have to follow suit.

I present the idea that we should report not just on the fairly insignificant affairs of Juxta and/or Oerth, but also on the Dungeons and Dragons multiverse as a whole, in order to make readers feel like they are not just in an online chat room with two available rooms, but actually participants in a gaming universe completely seperate from their own. Things such as the deaths of major deities used in gaming groups across the 'States and Britain should be discouraged, as well as near impossible events such as The Blood War coming to an end or the extinction of the human race, but events that are interesting, amusing, or useful as plot hooks would certainly broaden the horizens of anyone fortunate enough to subscribe.

In keeping with the current, worldwide theme of capitalism, I also feel that [friendly] competition should be encouraged to see who can come up with the most enlightening interviews, alluring advertisements, and accurate reports.

I'm glad to see that this idea is once again returning to the mainstream.

~Ted~

P.S. To my competitors: Don't get your hopes up. The Interplanar Newsletter will stomp all of you into bankruptcy - Prepare to be monopolized.

I think you somehow missed the point of this idea. The idea of the story is an in character event. This is so that people can get together in character and work on things in character. The main point behind the idea is to do things related to the two rooms. This isn't about competing but rather about working together to gain a common goal - enjoyment.

Reesa

T

Thogroar

Wait--what?

Huh? Reesa, I think I must have missed the point too.... we're writing an IC paper.... right? With news stories and the like?

~E!

Remove ads