new OOTS

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kishin said:
The Vance bit was classic.

Semi-related, if I had a dollar for everyone who forgot that in 3.5, you cannot use 'sonic' with Energy Substitution.... (Time to break out those Orbs of Force, heh)

Unless you use the SRD, of course, since the only place the feat appears as open content is in the updated 'Divine' section... and still includes Sonic.

-Hyp.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
drothgery said:
V being V, though, I'm sure he's got a few more tricks in her bag beyond energy attack spells; she's at least a 12th level evoker (conjuration is one barred school), after all.

"He's got a few more tricks in her bag"? Poor V. Guess that's what we get for ambiguous characters.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I loved the Vance refrence - since only last weekend was I able to find a copy of Dying Earth and Eyes of the Overlord. In DE vance mentions one wizard with four memorized spells and a better one with five. Both memorized Exceptional Prismatic Spray :)

drothgery

First Post
Dog Moon said:
"He's got a few more tricks in her bag"? Poor V. Guess that's what we get for ambiguous characters.

I try to alternate pronouns when writing about V, and will until/unless Rich disambiguates our favorite elf evoker.

Kishin

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Unless you use the SRD, of course, since the only place the feat appears as open content is in the updated 'Divine' section... and still includes Sonic.

-Hyp.

Hurray for lame circumlocutions. It was removed for a reason, namely the fact that the Sonic descriptor gives way more advantages than any of the other energy types, given the near complete lack of things resistant to it, and the additional effects it has on objects.

[/threadjack]

Remove ads