new player lvl 1 wanting to play an open rpg game

crabheart

First Post
my friend let me borrow his player manual.. so ive created my character nutral good human ranger.

im a very honest guy. and im really bored... and ide like some experience before i play face to face with my friends...

i dont have the rule book in my posestion rite now so youl have to guide me a bit.. but i studdied the book for a month and i got a bit of it

and ide like to invite anyone elese who is new to play with me

Last edited:

S

shurai

Look at the SRD?

May I suggest the System Reference Document? It's basically the entire corpus of basic D&D rules, minus the XP table and a few other bits of proprietary information (Wizards decided to allow people to freely copy, redistribute, and expand on much of the d20 system, on which D&D runs).

The best web version I know of is Sovelior & Sage's:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

That should give your brain enough to chew on while you're looking for a game. Also, see the Gamers Seeking Gamers thread, which I believe is where online games are advertised. : ]

Voidrazor

First Post
The SRD has everything you really need as a starting player. Although it's nice to have a ton of splatbooks.

But again this is the wrong thread to look in to join a game. The OOC forum has a couple of 1st level games that are currently recruiting. Look for DnD 3.5 Prophet's Blood and Scourge of the Howling Horde.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I went ahead and moved this thread over but Voidrazor pretty much has it right. You might have better luck looking for a game that's actively recruiting but you never know.

Anyhow, welcome aboard and I hope you have fun. :)

Very Respectfully
BS
PbP Moderator

Remove ads