D&D 5E New to 5E. Looking for advice on a Monk/Warlock build

pdegan2814

First Post
Just a quick question since I'm still learning. With the tome pact what does it mean when it says "cast at will" the 3 cantrips you get? Is it as it sounds, at will so whenever you want even if it isn't your turn (turn confused me at first since AD&D a turn was 10 rounds and a round was a minute long :) )

So if I had blade ward as one of those 3 cantrips or any other of the good ones out there I could just cast whenever?

At-will means they don't need a Spell Slot, meaning there is no limit on how many times you can cast them. They still have to follow the other rules for casting a spell, however.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Have you considered druid as multiclass instead? Given the spells you are listing as of interesting from the warlock (arch-fey), a land druid might work. Fist of the forest!

Savage Orc

First Post
Have you considered druid as multiclass instead? Given the spells you are listing as of interesting from the warlock (arch-fey), a land druid might work. Fist of the forest!

I actually have thought about a Druid/Monk multiclass too. Would fit into nature based fighting styles (tiger, crane, mantis styles). In AD&D years ago I actually had a monk that used Thri-Kreen weapons and based his fighting style after them (they're my favorite monster in the AD&D Monster Manual II. Never got to play one in the Dark Sun campaign setting when it first came out as I was no longer in a group then).

Remove ads