OLG Forum

BSF

Explorer
BelenUmeria said:
Right now, there is an Ars Magica 5th thread and a HARP thread in general. Both of those games are "standalone." If we're not going to allow standalone d20 games in general, then standalone non-d20 should not be allowed either.

The HARP and Ars Magica thread should be moved to the d20/OGL forum. It's a smaller forum where people discuss standalone games.

I think it is wrong to punish standalone d20 games by banishment from the largest forum on ENWorld, yet allow threads regarding non-d20 games. All in all, the non-d20 and d20 standalones are more similiar and should be in the same forum.

Just my thoughts.

Punish? I see it as a benefit. It isn't practical to create a seperate forum for each game. Nor is it practical to leave everything in one huge mega-forum. As it is, if you log off the board for 12-24 hours, you will have at least 2 pages of new posts to go through in General. Many times, you wil have significantly more.

Conversation tracks quickly in General. OGL/D20 games would be tracked in and out of the radar very rapidly I think. I suppose the occasional thread would bubble to the top for a while, but in the long run, many more of the threads would be relegated to the bottom of page 2, or 3, or 4 and then slide out of sight within a day or two.

Really, the topics for a thread come up with general play (which arguably applies across multiple systems), in-depth flavor discussions (the flavor of the game world), rules, and house rules. General play still belongs in the General discussion forum. I think the OGL/D20 games are better served keeping flavor, rules and house rules all assigned to the same forum. I am not aware of many people looking to use the Diamond Throne setting without using the Arcana Unearthed "crunch". So if somebody is asking for help with the campaign setting, they are likely also interested in rules & house rules for AU at the same time.

I suppose it could be argued that keeping that conversation in General might increase the interest in the system. I am not sure whether that would be true or not. But for me, I am better served keeping the forum structure that is currently in place.

Remove ads