Opening for one player in established Forgotten Realms campaign

Jamallo Kreen

Banned
Banned
San Fernando Valley: Saturday afternoons (usually):

One of our players is moving out of state for at least several months, so we have an opening in a Forgotten Realms campaign set in 1360 DR (Year of the Turret) -- please note that this is 14 years before the current "official" Wizards campaign year of 1374, so many novels and supplements deal with events which haven't happened yet in our campaign (and may never happen, depending on how things unfold).

This is a 3.0 campaign: no 3.$ spell nerfing or character class mangling. (If 3.$ gives a character -- a 2nd level Rogue, for example -- an ability which 3.0 doesn't, I usually allow the benefit, but I usually rule out 3.$ changes which weaken characters (like ridiculously shortened spell durations.

Missile rate of fire (RoF) and ranges are as in 2nd edition, which means that they reflect the REAL WORLD.

Armor, dodging and parrying is modelled after the Conan RPG for Mongoose. This makes for much more realistic combats. Help is readily available to get players over any confusion which may result from switching to the Mongoose system.

The campaign is "low fantasy," (meaning that even though the Realms have lots of magic, I try to emphasize "realism," as much as that is possible!)

Visit the Yahoo group Waterdeep1360 (no space) for further details.

Remove ads