Options for swapping ability mods for skills

thanson02

Explorer
Quick question for folks.

I have a player who wants to use Wisdom for his Diplomacy and Bluff Checks instead of Charisma. Any options?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I can't think of anything off-hand, but if you have access to the Character Builder (or the PHB 3), you'll probably want to check out some Skill Powers.

MwaO

Adventurer
Skill training feats?

It depends on stats/race, but there's probably an MC feat route that works out better.

Tys

Villager
Here's the skill substitution guide from the old WotC forums: [There was a link here, but I can't post it because I don't have enough posts on this forum to do it. If you want it I can try to PM it to you]

Might be useful. You could use a wisdom based skill (Nature in this case) for Diplomacy and Bluff through taking both the level 2 utility powers Arcane Mutterings and All-Encompassing Nature. Probably the most useful would be taking All-Encompassing Nature normally at level 2 through being a Druid, and Arcane Mutterings through the Skill Power feat. As a bonus this would also allow you to use Intimidate, Dungeoneering, Arcana and Religion through Nature once per encounter.

Last edited:

thanson02

Explorer
Here's the skill substitution guide from the old WotC forums: [There was a link here, but I can't post it because I don't have enough posts on this forum to do it. If you want it I can try to PM it to you]

Might be useful. You could use a wisdom based skill (Nature in this case) for Diplomacy and Bluff through taking both the level 2 utility powers Arcane Mutterings and All-Encompassing Nature. Probably the most useful would be taking All-Encompassing Nature normally at level 2 through being a Druid, and Arcane Mutterings through the Skill Power feat. As a bonus this would also allow you to use Intimidate, Dungeoneering, Arcana and Religion through Nature once per encounter.
Thanks! It was a really helpful guide.

Remove ads