OSR News Roundup

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
It's the last Monday in April and time for another Roundup. Last week I had the privilege of interviewing gaming journalist Lin Codega. They talked about their new project, Rascal News, the state of the gaming industry, AI, and more. You can find the interview here. This issue seems a little light on released to me; perhaps many creators are finding themselves drawn outside to work in the garden and enjoy the warmer weather like I have been.

How much is re-listed from the Trans Rights bundle of a few years ago?
  • Medieval Mercenaries is a short zine that provides guidance for adding mercenary companies to your fantasy games. Ever since I read Elizabeth Moon's Paksenarrion trilogy in middle school I've been fascinated by this overlooked aspect of gaming.

I wonder how this will compare to the upcoming Black Company RPG?
  • We've added a number of Used titles to the Sabre webstore, including a selection of classic Rolemaster titles.
Nice. Are you open to feedback about your store via ENW DM?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm left with the feeling that I'm not cool or punk enough to get it.
This is me every time I listen to St. Vincent. Her music is good and she, personally, is the coolest person on Earth now that Prince is dead, but I am clearly not cool enough to truly get what she's doing musically, as some (or much) of it is obviously flying over my head.

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I always love that III can be read in many non-serif fonts as Ill, or visa versa

So maybe it's Candle Ill, a fantasy mix-tape in the theme of Beastie Boys stylings...

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Now here's a little story I've got to tell
About three bad hobos you know so well
It started way back in history
With A Rogue, A Wiz-A, (And me) Fight-E
(edit to add apologies for the thread bust...)

Remove ads