Palladium Rifts PBP - To Kill a Prosek

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I wanted to post some additional details to see if I can drum up some more interest in this. I have two players so far but would like to have more.

To Kill a Prosek
It is 110 PA and someone wants Joseph Prosek dead. Your job is make sure it happens. The son of the emperor is scheduled to make a secret tour of the Lone Star facility, and due to the nature of his visit he should not be accompanied by an overwhelming security force. This makes it the perfect chance to strike at Prosek. Of course, getting into the Lone Star facility won't be easy, but you're a seasoned assassin. This is your turf. You deal in death and the life of a high-profile CS politician is no more important to you than the life of an average D-Bee scrub, so long as the price is right. And ten million creds apiece is some serious cardage.

Rules for Character Creation
All character concepts need to be cleared by me in advance. I will accept between 4 and 6 players. The first four spots will be given to players who express interest and provide a reasonable character concept. Whether I accept any more will depend on what your character brings to the group that could be a valuable asset in such a task. OCCs like the crazy, juicer and headhunter are recommended because of the nature of the mission. RPA pilots and such are not recommended, and only one will be accepted at most. Your employer wouldn't hire more than one because of such a character's limited usefulness once you get inside. Note that regardless of whether there is an RPA pilot in the group, circumstances are such that you won't get much of an opportunity to use your bot.

Characters will be 3rd or 4th level, depending on the XP level I choose to begin. Selfish or evil alignments and a mercenary background are recommended. People with scruples generally don't perform well in the assassination business. You can try a good alignment but you do so at your own risk. Standard gear for OCCs will be allowed plus a few items at my discretion. If you want to play a D-Bee (any D-Bee other than human D-Bee), make a percentile roll. Rules for making the D-Bee roll are as follows. If you fail to follow instructions, you will fail the roll. Make a post in this thread indicating you wish to play a D-Bee. Then go to Home and select Roll Dice. Enter your Forums of the Megaverse screen name as your Character Name. Enter 1 for Number of Rolls. Enter 1d100 for Dice and click Roll the dice. Link the result in a follow up post. Again, failure to follow instructions will result in failure on the roll. After you make the roll, I will tell you whether you are allowed to play a D-Bee. If I indicate that you succeed on this roll, let me know which D-Bee you wish you play. Give me a second choice in case your first choice is declined. I reserve the right to deny both your first and second choice if I deem them inappropriate for this campaign for any reason.

I expect this campaign to take a few months to run over PBP once we get started. The expectation is that you will be able to post between 2 and 3 posts a week for the next four months. Please do not apply if you don't fit this criteria. Please don't post character sheets yet. I just want character concepts, perhaps a paragraph at most but a sentence or two will suffice. Make sure to indicate your OCC of choice in your character concept. Be prepared to consider an alternate OCC in case I decline your first choice.

Remove ads