paper based rpg pc adaption

reilz81

First Post
hi guys im new here but not new to rpg's or roleplaying in general.

The other night i had this idea of making a game that pulls on all the things involved with playing a paper based rpg with a split character/player interface.

I am thinking long-term that it could be an engine that's a long ways off, but would love input.

At this stage its only ideas, one of my first ideas was to do with dice-rolls i don't know if you guys have played many pc rpg's but theres no skill involved with the rolls, i would like to change that for example you click on the dice to roll and a sphere surrounds the dice now to get a higher roll you have to move the mouse and hit certain buttons on the keyboard which would be indicated by the sphere changing color.

my idea for the player was to have a model for their character maybe have an edit tool so you can edit the image used as a skin and change height and width etc and for the player part either have a webcam interface with voice support or just an image for the player to talk to other players or the dm the game must be paused and for that i was thinking of having a counter to check if everyone had paused the game

as for the dm i was thinking if they host the game they can choose to be dm, or not and if not then it goes to a dice roll of which has a random outcome.

So for example players need a high roll or a low roll or a certain number, what they need isn't revealed until the outcome has been reached and if the person nominated as dm quits then they are penalised.

anyway would love input to this as i want to make it as much like real dnd as possible

Remove ads