Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

Jemal

Adventurer
"While they rest, we will see what we can find out about our.. guest." William leans down, removing the signet to study it. "I do not recognize this, but perhaps if we track it down we will discover more about the deceased." William looks around the room then, frowning "Does anybody know where we can move the body to?"

Helfdan

First Post
"Well, let's just be thankful that Muzdum isn't here... he probably would have wanted to make boots out of this one, too." Though the ranger's lean face is serious as usual, he can't keep an amused gleam from his eye.

Yttermayn

First Post
"While they rest, we will see what we can find out about our.. guest." William leans down, removing the signet to study it. "I do not recognize this, but perhaps if we track it down we will discover more about the deceased." William looks around the room then, frowning "Does anybody know where we can move the body to?"

Aohdan looks at Jemal. "Lets get what information we can before we move the body and risk losing access to it..." Aohdan graps a bit of parchment and dabs his finger into charcoal from the fireplace. He lays the parchment over the signet's face and rubs the charcoal into it, creating an impression of the relief carved on the signet. "There. Someone search him thoroughly, then we can wrap him up in a sheet or something and nonchalantly haul him to the adventurers guild. Unless you feel local authorities would be better suited to handle a werewolf assassin?" Aohdan looks at his companions.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Renalso has been watching his charge most caarefully and around her. words of deaths in the tent has him on edge, and he is not hiding it.

spot check:
1d20+2=22

nice! nat 20!

ethandrew

First Post
Leaning toward Anareesa, Estelle whispers back, "I think you should stay, you're in a dangerous position with what happened earlier. Some people might want retribution." She scans the crowd and the debate floor, "Or he might come looking for you again." She looks at the girl for a moment and goes back to not paying attention to the debate and instead waiting for danger.

Spot Check of 19.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Please note that this will be the last IC post on EN World. Players, please post replies here. Scott DeWar has already indicated that he will not be making the move to Crazy Monkey's Asylum so Renaldo will be written out. If anyone else does not intend to make the move to the Asylum, please let me know via e-mail at crazy_monkey1956@yahoo.com as I will not be checking PMs or posts here on EN World.

OOC: Arkhandus and Shayuri, are you still with us?

The Debate

Renaldo excuses himself to prepare for his duel later in the evening.

Anareesa mutters quietly to Estelle, "I suppose you're right."

Estelle and Johen both notice a woman watching Renaldo, as if studying his every movement. Her face is concealed by a heavy cloak, but her head is cocked to the side, almost like a predatory bird's. She seems to sense she is being observed and leaves the debate tent hastily, apparently following Renaldo.

Estelle's rapiers give off an odd "vibe," a feeling discomfort and uneasiness.

The Arcane Academy

Pryzm continues to prattle away in Shayuri's ear, distracting her from the goings on with the body. Odon seems pensive as he observes them both.

A search of the body reveals only that the werewolf wore relatively loose clothing to accomodate his transformations. The rapier he carried seems to be of superior quality and craftsmanship (OOC: Masterwork, though you'll need to have someone cast detect magic or identify to see if it has any magical qualities).

William knows that Azgundi law requires that victims of violence be turned over to the constables. Azgundi law also requires that any evidence of lycanthropy be reported immediately to prevent possible spread of the disease.

OOC: Character option for Valen and William to consider. Both characters were bitten by the werewolf but made their saves vs lycanthropy. If you like, we can have the curse affect them anyway, but at a slower pace (a monster progression ala Savage Species). Let me know if you want to explore this option.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I'm here...it's just really hard for me to post on Enworld right now...sorry about the delay)

Shayuri is quiet for a moment as she watches the young dragon led away. She wants to talk to it, but she's not sure what to say...and she can understand the need for rest. Somehow the elation at curing the plague is muted by the sheer effort involved. They could cure dragons one by one, but they'd never stop or even slow down the plague that way.

She sighs and looks at Pryzm. "I don't do any of those things," Shayuri replies. "Whatever dragon blood I have is generations old. I can use my magic to kindle a fire inside me, but otherwise I'm fairly ordinary. No flying or lairs or seeing in the dark."

With a smile the sorceress scratches the little dragon behind her eye ridges. "As for fireballs...maybe one day. I still have a long ways to go though."

Remove ads