Payn's Ponderings+ Pride Month Music Thread

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Greetings,

Thanks for all the good music talk in the essential albums thread. Now, another pride month is among us. Lets celebrate LGBTQ+ artists and contributions!

I'll submit some selections from a local artist Venus DeMars;

A Ted Talk by Venus DeMars;

Here is a video where Venus tells us a bit about her music history;

Live recording from 2016 at annual Bowie tribute and fund raiser for cat shelters;

Facebook page for All The Pretty Horses

Your turn. Go ahead and submit some selections and/or stories about music for pride month!

Cheers,
Payn

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Unfortunately, Andy Fletcher just passed away.

So ...most people's favorite-

My favorite ...

And ... obligatory ...

1LjO.gif

(They weren't. They SO weren't.)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Some more ...

The late, great Freddie Mercury. So many, but I have always found this short clip of his performance at Live Aid with the crowd ... spine tingly.

And then this ...

Next, if someone is being not just sardonic, but rather arch, well, that's the Pet Shop Boys for you.

Going a little more modern, there is (alas, also not with us) SOPHIE.

I'd post something from Kim Petras as well ... but not sure given the subject matter of the songs I'd post. But recommend them.

JThursby

Adventurer
This is an esoteric recommendation, but Natalia Zamilska is a great electronic artist from Poland, I use her music in my games all the time. According to wikipedia she has a girlfriend.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Lou Reed's second solo release Transformer was a major booster of the glam rock genre up until hair metal came along and made it about girls girls girls of course. The album is a fine collection of songs about relationships, sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.

Enjoy!

Remove ads