Pathfinder 2E PF2 Remastered - Does attack of opportunity still exist, or was it replaced by reactive strike?

cranberry

Adventurer
During our last game a player wanted to take an attack of opportunity, but I couldn't find it referenced in the remastered rules.

I know about reactive strike, but as far as I can tell, it is a fighter-only feature.

So, if attack of opportunity still exists in the remastered rules, where is it located?

If it has been replaced by reactive strike, is it a fighter only feature, or can any class use it?

Thanks!

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
In Pathfinder 2, Attack of Opportunity was a feature not every class got. Fighters got it at first level for free, but Barbarian, Champion, Magus and Swashbuckler could take it as a 6th level feat. None of those classes are in Player Core 1, but they will get Reactive Strike in AoU's place.
It should also be noted that most creatures don't have it, either.

cranberry

Adventurer
In Pathfinder 2, Attack of Opportunity was a feature not every class got. Fighters got it at first level for free, but Barbarian, Champion, Magus and Swashbuckler could take it as a 6th level feat. None of those classes are in Player Core 1, but they will get Reactive Strike in AoU's place.
Thanks!

Off the top of my head, it was only ever available as a fighter reaction or a feat for champion, barbarian, and magus which aren’t in the Player Core. I’d guess we’ll see level 6 feats for Champion and Barbarian in Player Core 2.

There is the Reactive Striker fighter archetype feat at level 4, otherwise I don’t think it’s been changed from how it was presented in the Core Rulebook.

Staffan

Legend
Another thing to consider is that removal of AoO as a general thing is that you can give out modified versions. For example, monks can take Stand Still as a 4th level feat, which is basically AoO that's only triggered by movement.

I forgot about swashbucklers having the feat. I’m GMing my first campaign with a champion, barbarian, and magus so I’m much more familiar with those classes.

Remove ads