Picnic in the Park - Sunday - 8/17/08 - Morning & Afternoon

FickleGM

Explorer
Third Annual EN World/Circvs Maximvs Picnic in the Park

Date: Sunday, August 17th, 2008
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm

Feel free to stop by and enjoy the outdoors, eat some food, play some games and socialize with your friends. For the last couple years, this has provided a good opportunity to get some pseudo-fresh air and relax for a few hours.

4548468d0ee85ac.jpg

The picnic will officially start at 9:00am and will officially end at 3:00pm. You are welcome to attend at any time during those hours (stay for a few hours or just stop in, grab a sandwich, say hi and leave...it's all good). The park area has a few picnic tables, a roofed shelter and a lot of open area, so I am hoping that we can at least claim a picnic table and some shade (if we're lucky, nobody will be using the shelter). We will set up in a free space, so if you don't see us right away, stroll through the park and find us.

In case of inclement weather, we will relocate to the Embassy Suites, where we can hang out and partake in the food, games (indoor friendly) and socializing.

Activities
  • Eating: The fixings for sandwiches, chips, soda and water will be available at the picnic. Anyone is welcome to bring their own food to eat or share.
  • Games: I will bring my frisbee and football for people to toss around. In the past, others have brought games, as well (Munchkin, Fluxx, etc.). Feel free to bring a game, if you'd like. Also, reveal will be running his Stuperheroes game from 9-1 (in case anyone wants to point and laugh - I'll be playing in this, which means I'll be a poor host).
  • Socializing: Stand around, sit at the picnic table or sit in the grass and chat it up with your pals. Relax and unwind on the last day of GenCon.

As you can see, it's a fairly laid-back affair.

I would like to get an approximate headcount, so please indicate here if you plan on attending (I'll be posting this on EN World and Circvs Maximvs, so only sign up once).

Attendees
  • Legolasgimli24
  • WizarDru and family (maybe)
  • scholar (already signed up on CM...doesn't follow instructions)
  • Mark

Donations: If you would like to donate to the cause, feel free to bring food to share, games to play, or a couple dollars.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
This being our first Gencon, our schedule is in flux, but it's possible the family and I will be stopping by. We're kind of making this up as we go along. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'll bring some toys and run a simple miniatures game for those who might want to play. :)

FickleGM

Explorer
NOTE: Remember, in the case of precipitation, we will set up in the Embassy. We will either have the food available in our room, or in someone else's room, depending on location and what others wish to do.

Anyway, if it's raining or looks like raining, look for us at the Embassy. If you have my number, you can call that, as well. I'd hate for anyone to waste a trip to the park and not find anyone there. :)

Remove ads