Planar Incidents

Khorod

First Post
What is the weirdest or coolest planar thing that happened in a non-planar adventure or campaign? (Non-planar being no planeswalkers, no bases in the abys...)

I think mine was when the party entered a large pentagonal tower. THe lower levels had huge, one-way windows, next to each was a door. Through the windows ones could see the strangest places. ULtimately, the party went through one of the doors into the spotted plane, got into trouble, ran back into the tower, and got into a fight with the mage and some big monster that caused all the windows to shatter. The place became a crazy power node and the wildlife for miles around became the forerunners of crazy new species.

Really cool thread: One Thousand Ways to Freak Your Players Out

Alna the Silver

First Post
I have to say that my favorite extraplanar event was one that I was not actually involved in. One of my friends was playing a Forgotten Realms campaign, and a Red Wizard had gotten hold of an artifact that could force a person into the dreamscape (in the Manual of the Planes). It was a bunch of floating earth islands with a castle in the center, and one of the PCs had to leap from island to island to get to the castle.

I have to say, I have had little experience with other planes.

Khorod

First Post
Seeing as how I know who you are in RL, I shall have to put you through some planar paces some time...

Once I played in a world where there was virtually no magic- and my character was one who learned he had been relying overly-much on such things. That's not so impressive, but it got me wondering if he would have been better or worse in a plane with lots MORE magic. Higher stakes I guess.

And one time a character of mine got his mind spell-zapped into being at right angles with a bunch of prime material planes. He saw parts of his surroundings on, like, a dozen planes. Nearly broke his mind, he jumped at shadows and stuff for months 'cause the evil DM never quite said the spell was over, just that it was fading.

I'll have to write that one up some time.

Anyone else have something to say?

Telgian

First Post
It's been a while, but I thought the OD&D adventure "Skardra's Mirror" was kind of neat. But then at the time I was playing a character with lots of points in herbalism and healing...and all that hydroponic stuff just to grow the food needed for this little pocket plane was quite intresting. Unfortunately she didn't manage to save any of it before the plane self-distructed at the end of the adventure. :(

Right now -- getting introduced to Sigil. So my character is definitely "clueless".

Remove ads