Playing Hearts of iron 4 and well this is happening

So, I'm playing HoI4 with the countries set to follow a random path in the decisions tree and so far, Germany went into a Civil War over throwing Hitler (1936)
fq1wp3rmwvd91.png
Then this headline popped up
cjzojkdowvd91.png
then both Latvia and Lithuania fell into civil war followed by Estonia
gupd1f4wwvd91.png

rw9du4u2xvd91.png
and lastly, after the USSR declared war on them Japan also fell into a Civil War
dgar0jh5xvd91.png
this all happened between 1936 and 1938 and Spain is also in its Civil War like always.

Zardnaar

Legend
Good ol Paradox games throwing up random crap. More used to EUIV.

Couldn't get into HoI III or IV I like 2 and spin offs like Arsenal of Democracy.

More fun playing as smaller nations as all the majors are win game when you hit start.

D-Day Europe as Australia, sink the IJN as New Zealand, invade the USSR as Romania or Manchukuo things like that.

Couldn't get into HoI III or IV I like 2 and spin offs like Arsenal of Democracy.
4 is about to get an update soon, with this current game I'm playing as Thailand. Also, 4 has a number of major mods like Road to 56, The New Order: Last Days of Europe, Kaiserreich, among others.

Zardnaar

Legend
4 is about to get an update soon, with this current game I'm playing as Thailand. Also, 4 has a number of major mods like Road to 56, The New Order: Last Days of Europe, Kaiserreich, among others.

Kaisereich is a very old mod. Played HoI2 version.

Basically went from HoI2 to EuIII to CK2 to EUIV then Stellaris.

Kaisereich is a very old mod. Played HoI2 version.

Basically went from HoI2 to EuIII to CK2 to EUIV then Stellaris.
I have stellaris but haven't played it yet. This has happened since my last post the Soviets had a civil war between two of the commie factions, which lead to the whole country being broken up, and before that, there was a polish civil war, and I think the UK is heading towards one, it did decolonization while France is orealnist. Also Austra and hungry merged, Tukey attacked Greece and lost and Greece is now Hellenic.

Zardnaar

Legend
I have stellaris but haven't played it yet. This has happened since my last post the Soviets had a civil war between two of the commie factions, which lead to the whole country being broken up, and before that, there was a polish civil war, and I think the UK is heading towards one, it did decolonization while France is orealnist. Also Austra and hungry merged, Tukey attacked Greece and lost and Greece is now Hellenic.

Yeah I switched the random stuff off just had to deal with the myth type mechanics and the small chances of scripted events going the other way.

Eg Germany doesn't go for Danzig or War or Roosevelt doesn't win the elections.

In MP we had to ban a lot of things otherwise you end eup with players doing whatever and game collapses.

Yeah I switched the random stuff off just had to deal with the myth type mechanics and the small chances of scripted events going the other way.

Eg Germany doesn't go for Danzig or War or Roosevelt doesn't win the elections.

In MP we had to ban a lot of things otherwise you end eup with players doing whatever and game collapses.
I've never played MP, but i know how if you don't do certain things at the right moment you can basically stall out a game or mess up the AI.

Zardnaar

Legend
I've never played MP, but i know how if you don't do certain things at the right moment you can basically stall out a game or mess up the AI.

It was mostly things like human players going fascist or communist USA and allying Germany/USSR (everyone quits) or getting USA involved in one of the prewar skirmishes or joining the allies in 1939 giving USA full IC pre 1941.

Even a UK player and minor allies shipping the entire allied army to France stalked ze Germans.

Or other nations switching doctrines. Australians could research blitzkrieg for example give blueprints to USA, NZ could do the Japanese doctrine and give the blueprints to UK.

The doctrines peaked early for Germany/Japan the allied and Soviet ones peaked 43 onwards.

The other one was spamming discontent. If USA, UK, Australia, Canada, NZ, South Africa all focused Germany you could collapse the economy via dissent. Normally the smaller nations couldn't afford it but USA money printer funding it from 1936.

UK releasing India as a vassal 1936 and shipping it's infantry to Europe 1939 along with Canada/Australia/South Africa/NZ/Bhutan etc.

Remove ads