Playtesters for Online 4ed

rob626

First Post
0 More Playtester needed. <Updated: June 27th>
We have currently filled our group. Thank you all for your interest.

We are starting a gridless/mapless online 4th Ed campaign using Ventrillo and Tris IM chat. I understand many people have had successful 4th Ed experiences without a tactical map and I want to push one step farther.

Playtime: Thursdays, Roleplay starts at 8:15pm Pacific Standard (after the kids get duct taped to their beds)
Duration: Not to exceed 3 hours per session

I think recruiting people with similar tastes in playstyle will give this test the best chances for success and so I offer the following: *

People MIGHT enjoy this campaign if they:

Enjoyed the cinematic combats of 2nd Ed.
Prefer to look through their character's eyes during combat.
Easily envision details and spatial relationships through verbal descriptions.
Like political intrigue and weaving plot threads.
Are interested in character (both pc and npc) driven campaigns of exploration.
Are willing to invest themselves in the world.
Prefer developing character builds based on campaign experiences.

People will DEFINITELY NOT have fun in this campaign if they:

Read the Character Optimization boards.
Enjoyed playing a TripMonkey, Diplo-mancer, BearWarrior, Polymorpher, etc for more than one session.
Thought the various clarifications of polymorph to be an interesting mental exercise.
Prefer a more or less simulationist approach to play.
Played a character with more than 3 classes (including prestige classes).
Prefer a 15 minute rules discussion to "get it right" instead of just moving the story forward.
Have threatened to quit a campaign because a ruling went against them.
Can easily spend 30 minutes detailing a campaign setting's timeline.
Can point out inconsistencies between campaign setting based novels.

* I cannot guarantee that those in the first group will love the campaign but I WILL guarantee that those from the second group would be better served by finding a different dm. This list of traits is based on observations of who has enjoyed themselves at games I have run and who has not.

This is not a slam against anyone's preferred play style and I have no desire to discuss the merits or pitfalls of one style over the other. This is a recruiting thread.

If you are interested, please post a quick support below in addition to sending me an email. Details for the campaign can be found at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rushulka/

<edit: updated number of slots left>

Last edited:

rob626

First Post
Thank you for your response.

I have finally gotten things together enough to give the D&D 4the Ed over IM/Vent a try. We are going to test if this method of play can work for a matless/gridless game.

Our playtime will be Thursdays from 8:00pm Pacific Standard Time and go for around 2-3 hours.

May I include you as one of the playtesters? Or, you are free to simply stop by and listen.

Anyone interested can take a look on the Rushulka Newsgroup on Yahoo. Please feel free to poke around. It is still very basic but will fill up as the campaign goes along- that's the fun of starting a new campaign!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rushulka

I look forward to hearing from you!

Robert

Kayim

First Post
So far there are 3 of us signed up and ready to play every Thursday night. I wonder if anyone else is interested in joining us? Come on people, remember the AD&D days! hehehe. Join our Yahoo group :)

rob626

First Post
We have now 4 people committed to the experiment and are all set to start the campaign this Thursday. Hooray!

Stop by http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rushulka/ first to see if this campaign might be something you can get into!

I promised that, since I was overtly recruiting in another thread that I would link their online game here. That game sounds fun and if you don't want to give our Mapless Immersion Experiment a go, hop on over and see if they have room.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4332486#post4332486

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Wish I could give it a try, but I already have a game on Thursday that doesn't end until 45 minutes after your start time.

Remove ads