• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Powerful Build?

calypso15

Explorer
I could have sworn there existed a feat that gave the benefits of Powerful Build. Namely, you're counted as a size larger for bull rushes and grapples. Am I imagining things?

Calypso

nogray

Adventurer
FR Feat

Check in Races of Faerun, I think. The feat is called Jotunbrud, and it doesn't give all the benefits of Powerful Build. It also requires a specific human lineage.

Hope that helps.

Sejs

First Post
Yep, Jotunbrud from Races of Faerun. Essentially, you're a biggun. Descended from frost giants.

In a nutshell, you can count yourself as a large creature for the purpose of opposed checks (such as grappling, tripping, overruns, etc) if it is advantageous to you. Likewise, you can be treated as large for the purposes of abilities that are limited by a creature's size, such as swallow whole.

Unlike Powerful Build, it does not give one the ability to use larger weapons, deal unarmed damage as a large creature or anything of that nature.

It's also important to note the significance of the inclusion of can and if it is advantageous to you in the mechanics of this feat. If it's potentially better for you to be treated as a medium creature, then you're medium if you so wish it.

Remove ads