• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Primitive caster

DanMcS

Explorer
Testament said:
It's closed content, so I won't say what it is, but its in Frostburn.

Closed content doesn't prevent you discussing it anywhere or even posting the whole text of the feat for purposes of discussion. It only prevents you from using it in a SRD-derived (OGL or d20) book that you publish yourself.

Krelios

First Post
Not entirely true, you can post excerpts, but you certainly couldn't publish the whole book "for the sake of discussion."

I think it gives you a bonus to Caster Level when you add additional components (somatic, verbal, and material) and extra casting time to a spell - if the feat is the same as the one printed in Magic of Faerun (?).

Basically, if you dance around, waving a fetish stick, and scream at the top of your lungs for a couple minutes, your Bless spell lasts longer. :)

DanMcS

Explorer
Krelios said:
Not entirely true, you can post excerpts, but you certainly couldn't publish the whole book "for the sake of discussion."

That's what I said. Don't try to correct me if you don't read my post. The text of the feat is an excerpt.

Scion

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
I think it gives you a bonus to Caster Level when you add additional components (somatic, verbal, and material) and extra casting time to a spell - if the feat is the same as the one printed in Magic of Faerun (?).

Basically, if you dance around, waving a fetish stick, and scream at the top of your lungs for a couple minutes, your Bless spell lasts longer.

no extra time as far as I can tell, only adding components that are not already there for +1 caster level each time you add one.

Definately an interesting feat ;)

Oh, but then I am looking at the frostburn one, maybe the magic of faerun one is a bit different.

Remove ads