WotBS Printable World Maps?

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
Is there a link or repository anywhere of world maps for War of the Burning Sky, that might be more suitable for printing and use at the table, than the full-color maps in the modules themselves (that also often have a lot of GM-specific information on them)? The normal Gate Pass map is great and all, but with all of that dark brown mountainous area, it uses a ton of ink. Similarly, Innenotdar is a wall of red. There also aren't many full world maps that I've seen, that are both high-resolution, AND lacking "spoilerific" content on it (so players in chapter 3 aren't asking about content from chapters 4-7)...

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
Sorry, I don't think we have better options. It was our first adventure path and we could have done better with the maps.
No worries; I figured it was worth asking. I might try to make something myself, in that case...

What maps do you think are most essential for the overall game? The continent itself is an important one that will be used over and over throughout the adventure. Perhaps a regional map of Dassen makes sense, as do local maps of Gate Pass, and perhaps Seaquen?

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
I crafted this map by taking one of the existing ones, and masking out some of the notable locations that shouldn't necessarily be known. Specifically removed are the Scourge Prison, Castle Korstull, Heart of History, Phorros Irrendra, and the Temple of Echoed Souls. I figured everything else would be, more or less, the known locations of relevant cities, forests, and the like (and therefore, not worth hiding the existence of).

Printed on some parchment-colored paper, with some handcrafted edge wear, and I figure it makes a pretty solid in-world map that the players can use at any time.

Attachments

• world-map-sepia.jpg
    world-map-sepia.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 111

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
I took my sepia map, scaled it up to about 250%, then printed it tiled across six pages. After some trimming and gluing, then mounting the whole thing to a fabric backing for stability... I present to you the continent of... um... what's it called again? ;)
1646439151784.png

Last edited:

Remove ads