Problem with polls: wrong number of voters reported

kerbarian

Explorer
Looks like there's a problem with multiple choice polls (maybe other types too). Unvoting can cause the number of voters to drop by more than 1. Twice when I tested unvoting, the number of reported voters dropped by 14 instead of 1. None of the actual votes disappear, but the reported number of voters ends up wrong. This means the reported percentage of voters for each item is also wrong.

In this thread, I've twice unvoted and then revoted and seen this effect. The first time was because I wanted to change my vote. The second time was to confirm that the problem I remembered seeing was actually happening (I took screenshots this time). It doesn't keep happening if I keep unvoting and revoting after that, but apparently it can happen again if more votes come in in between -- that's how I reproduced it.

Attached are screenshots from before and after I unvoted and then revoted (seconds later). You can see that every category has the same number of votes and that my votes are the same, but the number of voters dropped by 13 and this affected all the percentages:

Attachments

• poll_before.png
    poll_before.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 179
  • poll_after.png
    poll_after.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 165

Remove ads