Proposal: Repeal house rules obsoleted by errata

JoeNotCharles

First Post
This is a list of the amended and banned items that I think are unambiguously fixed by the errata. (My assumption is that if we and Wizards fixed the same problem in different ways, we should just use their fix because it's less confusing.) There are a couple other things which are a judgement call, but I deliberately left them out of this post so we can have an up-or-down vote:

Dragon 367: Icy Sweep - as written, the power allowed you to slide an enemy around all over the battlefield as long as it ended up adjacent to you. Our amendment said "you must slide by the shortest path". Their amendment says, "you slide your opponent 3 squares to end adjacent to you".

Dragon 368: Gladitorial feats - "the Binding Style, Hunting Spider Style, and Starlight Duelist feats are not allowed, because they need to be amended to work with the new mechanics of Dual Strike and the judges have not yet voted on them." Binding Style and Starlight Duelist have been altered to do just this, so I propose allowing them.

Dragon 372: Punisher of the Gods - we banned this epic destiny because we thought Immortal Curse was too powerful. It's now been nerfed to only allow you one extra attack on the same enemy per round.

Arcane Power: Planar Gateway was banned because as written it allowed people to set up an endless loop sliding someone into and out of the gateway, taking damage each time, and we couldn't agree on the best wording to fix it. It has now been fixed by making it an opportunity action, which can only be used once per round.

Divine Power: "The Hero of Faith and Taunting Visage feats, and the Astral Seal and the Recovery Strike powers, are not allowed because they have been proposed as being too powerful and the judges have not voted on them yet." No change to most of those, but Hero of Faith has been nerfed, so I propose allowing it.

Last edited:

Remove ads