• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about the News Forum...

Hi there,

My new pdf (for 4E under the GSL) the Vampire Bestiary: Mountain of the Cannibal God was released a few days ago on RPGNow.

Can I post a press release in the News Forum or is it only moderators who can post there? I'm not totally sure what the situation is.

Thanks.

john112364

First Post
Since it's a 4e product, I would post it in the 4e forum, maybe with a follow up PM to Morrus asking him to move it to the news forum. I'm pretty sure the news forum is restricted to certain posters.

My 2cp. (And it looks interesting BTW).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't believe Morrus wants (or allows), J. Random User to post in the News forum. So, put it in the otherwise appropriate forum - it may get promoted to News from there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What Umbran said. If you post it in the relevant forum, it may get promoted to a news item. You can't post a new thread directly in the news forum (otherwise goodness only kows what we'd end up with on the front page! :) )

Hey guys! :)

Thanks for the collective wisdom (and hope it piques your curiousity john112364).

Someone else already started a thread about the book in the 4E forum...but its not a 'Press Release'.

I don't want to start another thread in the 4E forum just for the Press Release. But if I post an 'official' (for want of a better word) press release in that thread, in the event it does get picked up as a news item can I expect that will be the information that will get relayed rather than simply a random thread started about it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
When I promote a thread to a news article, I write the news article which is inserted at the start of the thead and shown on the front page. I don't allow random thread starters to appear on the news page. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads