• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question on El's Effulgent Eporation...

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
i wouldn't mind playing a cleric in modern game. you could be a faith healer who actually heals. you could be John Edwards with no controversy ( because you actually could speak with the dead!) you could be the greatest surgeon who ever lived! ("What do mean, 'no anesthesia'!?" "Billable hours: 6 seconds!?") :D

Soe mspells would have to be altered or banned. And after a while I would take a page out of the TV show with the guy who can see the future. Eventually the media got wind of it and then it become difficult for him to even go outside his home.

I really hope d20 modern covers some of these things, but I really doubt it will.

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
The Media, epic level hazard

you cannot escape the media!

Ya, that was one think I didn't real;y use with you guys., I have an investigative reporter for the newspaper and TV journelist (modeled after the on from the first Highlander series actually) NPCs prepared.

ashockney

First Post
Let's hear it for the all-Columbus thread!

In our campaign (different from those mentioned above), we play heavily into the "highest level spell trumps" rule.

Therefore:

Anti-magic shell has no effect on El's. If you try to "force" the shell forward, it will probably pop, and take an Epuration with it.

Disjunction, I would give one roll for the Disjunction to effect and negate the spell, if it did so...poof. If it failed, mark off an epuration and negate the rest of the Disjunction's effects.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
quote - 'Let's hear it for the all-Columbus thread!'

yes, but after my mini-rant, Crothian and i hijacked the hell out of this thread. in my own defense, i did answer the original question (even if i can't remember what it was..:D )

TBeholder

Explorer
Yet another view. :heh:
The original description says:
Each of these spheres has the ability to absorb a single spell, spell-like ability, or magical effect of any offensive type. After absorbing the spell the sphere fades out, taking the spell energy with it.
[…]
Various walls, spheres, some of Bigby's spells, and most abjurations will not affect the epuration spell.
Thus would not negate "most" abjurations (attack effects of the wards is an obvious exception, maybe also Banishment).
Disjunction: again, not an "offensive type" spell, so no absorption. It should work normally against all spheres caught in AoE - automatically destroying them, since that's what it does to magic effects in general, and epuration isn't specifically said to be immune to this.
The same applies to Dispel Magic (dispel with check).
Spheres simply won't form inside antimagic just like any other spell, but probably won't fly into antimagic fields from outside unless explicitly directed by the caster, since those areas won't detect as passable ways anywhere.

In our campaign (different from those mentioned above), we play heavily into the "highest level spell trumps" rule.
But wouldn't this mean that dispel magic affects nothing of higher level than itself? Which is ludicrous.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads