• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick help with my charger build

Owin

First Post
So I have been playing D&D for a while now and I have a pretty good understanding on what I'm doing. But here is my problem.... I am a dwarven barbarian who has the feasts as listed (Power attack, Leap attack, Improved sundering, and Combat brute) I am 9th level and I have the stats as listed (Str. 18, Dex. 14, Con. 18, Int. 12, Wis. 13, and Cha. 10) and yes we rolled for stats. My question is what sort of damage should i be getting out of a power attack leap attack? I two hand my weapon (which is a long sword because I got imprisoned and had to bust out so all i got was this from a guard) and I go into rage and deal the damage as follows. power attack 5X3 from leap attack and + 9 from rage giving me a total of 24 damage. my question is am I doing that math right or should I be doing more?:erm:

Alright, I'm not gonna say I'm the best when it comes to D&D Math or system mastery but I think you're looking at something like this.

Power attack while two-handing your longsword gets you +2 dmg for each -1 to hit.

Leap attack should double that. +4 dmg for each -1 to hit.

So a raging leap attack should be something like:

1d8 + 9 (str; two handing) + 36 (assuming full power attack) = 1d8+45

If you can get Shocktrooper into your build, you'll take the penalty from Power Attack to AC instead of your to hit.

If someone could confirm my math/understanding I'd appreciate it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads