Kickstarter Ramen Sandwich Press: Exiles of Newmarket comes to Kickstarter, and more!

doogx

Explorer
Lots of news to talk about, but let's lead off with a milestone: We just launched a Kickstarter campaign to support the 10th location module in our Places by the Way series compatible with D&D 5E and our Found by the Way series for Pathfinder (2E and 1E). Its working title is Exiles of Newmarket, and it describes a village that discarded its old possessions for shinier, more expensive things after it came into money. It's about to find its past coming back to haunt it, as a resentful former neighbor turns these castoffs into animated objects and sets them against their former owners. It's going to be a bit dark, a bit absurd and a bit comical all at once: Think of what it would be like if you opened your front door and found that the couch that you set out to the curb was the one ringing the doorbell.

If you missed out on our last Kickstarter, you can now buy Places by the Way #9: The Paladin Queen's Forest and Found by the Way #9: Path to the Paladin Queen's Forest. Also, a version of Places by the Way #9 tailored to fit into the Forgotten Realms, A Forest Maze in Tethyr, is now available exclusively in PDF through Dungeon Masters Guild. You can find product information and purchase links at our website.

And that's not all — like many of you, I find myself with a lot of unanticipated free time this year, as events I had planned to attend have been cancelled. I have decided to make the best of things and write more than I had planned to write. As a result, I have outlined a book with the working title Book of Chance Meetings, covering the theory and practice of that RPG staple, the random encounters table. I plan to start writing it by the time the Kickstarter for Exiles of Newmarket ends, and we'll work out a plan to bring it to Kickstarter by the fall with the intention of having it ready for public sale next summer. And there's more Places by the Way and Found by the Way on the way, to boot!

doogx

Explorer
We're pleased to report that Exiles of Newmarket is written and waiting for layout! However, we're waiting for the Kickstarter campaign to reach its funding target before we keep it moving along the production conveyor belt. We're at 58% funded with less than three weeks left. Don't miss your chance to secure a copy of the Kickstarter Limited Edition!

doogx

Explorer
We're down to the last handful of days in our campaign for Exiles of Newmarket. We're getting closer to our goal, but we still need a bit of help to reach it. Don't miss your chance to get the Kickstarter Limited Edition of our next location module for D&D 5E and Pathfinder!

You can find some design notes in the campaign updates, and on my blog. In addition to allowing peeks behind the curtain at Exiles of Newmarket, I'm also previewing a big project that we'll unleash upon the world next year (and earlier than that on Kickstarter): an in-depth treatment of random encounters in theory and practice called, Book of Chance Meetings.

Remove ads