Ranger and Polymorph Self: What's Best?

poop

First Post
I seem to remember, a few months ago, that a list was compiled of all the best forms for a ranger to polymorph themself into. Anyone remember any of these?

(This list came about after the errata about the HD limit of polymorph self).

I'm creating a 15th level ranger for our first high-level campaign, and would like to know my options.

TurboTroll

First Post
why polimorphy self :p use polimorphy other :)

longer duration....

or play as giant all the time :p,

DMs should give -xp or some % of encounter's exp for abusing polimorphy spells, in other case any castle should have 1lv giant warriors as guardians , on roads U should see only strange creatures giants,ogres,trolls etc. and every wizard should be gargoyle or so :p nice idea :)...

D&D by Monty Python :/

well of course U can like it (LoL)

gfunk

First Post
We abused Poly Other so much in our campaign that our DM rule that if each day you are Poly'd, starting with the first, there is a 10% cumulative chance that you become that which you are polymorphed into (e.g. effectively an NPC). Also, he house-rule P Self to a 1 round/level duration.

+7 natural AC, 23 Str, 23 Con, 10' reach, 90 ft darkvision

all are a tad powerful for a 4th level spell...

Zhure

First Post
Pixies are good, too.

I think Polymorph Other and Polymorph Self have both had the erratta kicked out of them already. Further tweaking to reduce their power isn't terribly necessary. In my opinion, of course. The HD limitation and the restriction of no constructs, outsiders, etc., and gaining only natural abilities is nerf-o-plenty.

If it does come across as too powerful, you could always say anything more than +5 Natural AC is supernatural, much as movement over a certain speed (60?) is supernatural.

The negative aspects of being polymorphed is rarely enforced, even though it's usually only a social negative. Hill giants tend to get jumped by high level rangers, or Paladins convinced their target is endangering the local populace.
Greg

Remove ads