D&D 5E Regional Variant Human - seeking feedback

Laurefindel

Legend
The reason for the "multiple choice" is to encourage a whole range of possible characters from any given region. So, taking the Dragon Coast for an example...

If I were to say "you gain proficiency in all crossbows" as a locked in perk, well, that's not much use to a PC with proficiency in martial weapons... similarly advantage on saves vs. fear is redundant for a Paladin PC... and "Ship's Passage" is redundant for a PC with the Sailor background.
Oh, I totally get why all those choices are proposed! However, the number of available option is so high that I believe it works against your intention. Now, you know your players best and definitely should cater to them (and yourself) before anyone else, but I know that products like this turn me off just by the sheer amount of information if it were proposed, say, on DM Guild. I say that because I have a tendency to propose many options myself.

It’s not that the document lacks focus, but rather that focus is harder to see. I would tolerate some redundancy better, but maybe that just me.

Remove ads