renaming Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge

Given the current topics going on i "Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge" maybe it's time to just drop the Geek Talk and media aspect and just name it The Lounge?

Nah, too generic.

I think the current label gets at the intent of the forum ... even if it has a few less posts that way.

One might argue we need a separate off-topic forum, but then again there's CM for that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We are always experimenting with what is, and isn't, supposed to be put in various places.

At the moment, the experiment is allowing slightly more mature topics, in general. There's stuff in the OT forum that a couple years ago I'd have slammed shut without a second thought.

Maybe this kind of discussion will continue there, maybe it'll peter out on its own, maybe we'll decide we don't want it, and discourage it. And later, there'll be some other experiment.

LightPhoenix

First Post
A quick count (not guaranteed to be accurate) showed 18 out of 50 threads on the first page having to do with television, movies, and video games. So it's not being completely overwhelmed.

Would it be possible to make the prefix links more pronounced, as with the D&D forum? Is it possible to display multiple prefixes (ie, television and movies)?

Remove ads