Reviews that didn't age well.

queen is one of the top rock bands of all time. I think the artist da hysteria probably hurt their legacy just like it did for magic Johnson for a time
Sports are having a huge impact on queens resurgence along with TikTok. It’s a lot easier to make an upbeat video and have them singing as opposed to Sunday Bloody Sunday. U2 has only a handful of songs that are like that as opposed to say AC/DC who have tons. Rock bands for the most part have died out so these classic groups have a resurgence. Your choices are limited on non satellite radio (it’s classic rock, country or hip hop rap)
Going to have to disagree with the thing still aging well.
Story and premise-a plus etc
Acting- b plus.
Long lasting special effects and tense moments-really not aging well. The monster now isn’t scary and looks silly. The scene where one loses his hands just silly and if filmed today it looks like comedy. Part of me wishes they would do what Lucas did and re-release with updated effects
The problem with some of these older 89’s movies is modern tvs break the illusion. Last year i rewatched back to the future and it literally feels like you are watching it on a stage
Phantom menace is not aging well but the old hobbit cartoon movie is because of acting . Smaugs voice is brilliant along with others and I can dismiss the animation. Menace is a really bad movie with bad acting. I can’t help but feel that the separatists are really racist charactures as a fan of Star Wars I want to overlook it as these characters are beloved

I agree with this as well. Game of Thrones flowed like history initially, which felt like on the one hand subverted expectations but also felt like things were happening in a way that felt genuine. The later twists seemed like they were there simply because the show felt it was supposed to have them. Again, Walking Dead did something similar.
Constantly trying to subvert tropes is just as unrealistic as constantly playing into them. sometimes tropes happen, even in real life.

Remove ads