RPG Evolution: Gift Ideas for Fans of Miniatures

Know a fan of miniatures? Check out these gift ideas.

Know a fan of miniatures? Check out these gift ideas.

Please Note: I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://amazon.com. Amazon regularly posts and delists items so these may not all be in stock, and if you plan to purchase these for the holidays check delivery times as some may be shipped from overseas. Listings are in price order from lowest to highest.

2-in-1 D&D DM Screen and Battle Map ($13)​

It's both a DM screen and a battle map! The screen features four panels of dungeon-themed artwork and a grid mat that can be used with dry or wet erase markers. The screen is made of cardboard and folds easily for storage and transport. Just be aware that if you plan to use both features at the same time, you'll need two. EDIT: This product appears to be using AI-generated art (an unfortunately increasing occurrence) so we removed it as a picture from the promotion. Since some folks have commented on it, we're leaving it here but not linking to it.

miniaturegifts3.jpg

Beasts, Monster, and Animals Flat 2D Miniatures ($15)

Beasts are a common foe, and the price of collecting miniatures to represent them all can add up quickly. Enter this set, which contains 90 flat 2D miniatures of different beasts, such as bears, wolves, gorillas, and more. The miniatures are printed on light cardboard with a laminate coating, making them water-resistant and dry/wet-erase. The set also includes 10 plastic holders that make it easy to use the miniatures on any battle map with a one-inch grid. Great for druids and ranger players too.

miniaturegifts4.jpg

Buildings Pack 2D Terrain Set ($15)

Like the beasts set above, the most common buildings outside of a dungeon are the usual: houses, shops, and taverns. This set makes it easy to transport and use, with over 100 2D terrain pieces of various buildings. The pieces are printed on both sides with different designs and colors, allowing for endless combinations and customization. The pieces are made of durable cardstock with a laminate coating, making them water-resistant and dry/wet-erase.

miniaturegifts5.jpg

Alenthriel The Mistress of Brutality ($45)

If you know a gamer who is serious about assembling and painting miniatures, the Mistress can't be beat. This product is a highly detailed and unique resin cast plastic miniature of a villainess and her pack of three ghouls. The entirety of the miniature (more a scene, really) is 44 mm x 74 mm and is crafted for 30 mm scale. The miniature also comes with a stat block for Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, but read it carefully as she's somewhere between a swarm and a unique monster.

miniaturegifts6.jpg

Figure Display Base ($48)

As any miniature collector knows, finding a place to put all their stuff that's not just a bin or a box is challenging. Although it's made for larger anime figures, it works well for any figure -- I use it for my Cthulhu as well as several smaller miniatures. It has the appearance of moon rock, but it can be painted to be any kind of stone terrain, and foliage can be added easily enough. It has several platforms for miniatures to stand on on the base, along with some craters (the largest accommodating a 6-inch figure) to place smaller miniatures. The base is made of resin material and is environmentally friendly and non-toxic. The base also comes with a bracket and a soft pad to protect the figure from scratches.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

aco175

Legend
I really like the two in one battle map/ DMs screen. The first time would be the coolest, when you describe the location and a player says that looks a bit like your screen. Then you get to K-Pow and lay that down saying roll initiative.

JohnnyZemo

Explorer
I really like the two in one battle map/ DMs screen. The first time would be the coolest, when you describe the location and a player says that looks a bit like your screen. Then you get to K-Pow and lay that down saying roll initiative.
...while quickly replacing the DM screen with a separate DM screen that you had standing by.

I gave you the 😍 reaction for removing the AI product link. No need to rehash the debate here, I just prefer that our community support creators rather than software output.

Remove ads

Remove ads