RPGObjects PODCast #3a: Supers RPG Design

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Still midway through the ep, but you guys are getting better with each one. And supers, the one thing that is at the front of my mind at the moment: nice.

If I can give a small observation: the one thing I found myself thinking a few times as I've listened to your shows is "tighten this." I like the meandering banter and catching-up, no problem, though I would perhaps suggest hitting the main topic right away and leaving most of the other stuff for the end, as a denoument.

When it comes to the main topic, I personally would enjoy a bit more focus. Like on this one, where we're gonna talk about supers, but you spent a bit under 10 minutes discussing if superheroes were indeed the second most popular genre in RPGs after fantasy or not.

Also, when I listen to a company podcast (specifically a company vehicle, like D&D or Green Ronin, as opossed to one produced by a company, like Accidental Survivors) I want that show to really take me behind the scenes, to give me something another show can't because in this one we are getting the info straight from the source. You've done great on this so far, so thanks, and keep it up.

Vigilance

Explorer
This is all good stuff Dan, thanks for the feedback!

I freely admit to meandering, it's what I do. Most of that ends up on the cutting room floor when I'm on the Accidental Survivors but in the RPGO podcast, you get me in all my tangential glory.

PosterBoy

First Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to tighten up my editing a bit more and maybe move some of our segments around. I'm still experimenting with the format some.

Maybe I should of used a different name but I didn't want this podcast to be a just vehicle for rpgobjects per say. I wanted it to be more like Accidental Survivors as you put it. A podcast produced by rpgobjects.

Again, thanks for the feedback, it really helps.

-chris

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Actually, I personally like that it is RPGO. I like that behind-the-scenes aspect it brings and sets you apart from the rest, since only you could do a RPGO podcast.

PosterBoy

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
Actually, I personally like that it is RPGO. I like that behind-the-scenes aspect it brings and sets you apart from the rest, since only you could do a RPGO podcast.

That's a good point. You've given me a lot to think about. Maybe that's the direction I should go more. I've never had a set plan stone and still feeling out the format and direction.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
The way I see it, there's over 30 gaming podcasts out there, so I'm bound to get pretty much anything I want or need from them. The one thing I cannot get from any of them is a inner-circle view of things from a company, and that is the one thing you have above all. It's not that you shouldn't cover advice or news or opinions as well, but that you should take full advantage of the one type of content only you can give me.

Remove ads