Running a Charity Raffle!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Greetings, all!

Every once in a while, my wife and I get into some charity work, and EN World has been helpful and generous in the past.

In January, we will be running a Charity Raffle at our local science fiction and fantasy convention, Arisia. The last time we did this, we raised over $4000, and we are hoping to beat that this time around. This year, we are aiming to benefit the Alzheimer's Association, in honor of the departed yet beloved author, Terry Pratchett.

We are in "Collect Prizes for the Raffle" mode right now, and so we are looking for two things:

Donations - Arisia is a particularly geeky event, so I turn to other geeks for donations. If you produce games, game supplements or aids, or other geek-stuff, and would like to donate products or gift certificates, please PM me and we can exchange details. And, of course, post in this thread, as all EN World should know you're being generous!

We are doing this an an official convention event, so we get to extend the tax benefits to you! If you donate materials of known value, we can provide you with a receipt so you may take an appropriate tax deduction. We'll also be advertising all our donors at the event, so you can get a bit of free press for your trouble as well.

Suggestions - more than ever, there are producers of geek-relevant stuff. I certainly haven't kept track of them all. If you know of a small company, artist, or celebrity that might be interested in making a donation, post it here! If you have a particular in-road with with such, and would like to offer to help make a connection, let me know! To be honest, such suggestions are just as important to us as outright donations. The broader the net we can spread, the more awesome our raffle can be.

Please, help us put together a prize-table to stun the senses!

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hey, this is cool!

It looks like Pelgrane Press, publishers of Ashen Stars, Trail of Cthulhu, 13th Age, and Kevin "Piratecat" Kulp's new Timewatch game have pitched in with several generous gift certificates, and possibly even a little something for volunteers and GM's at the convention!

Elderwood Academy have donated several lovely laser-etched Hex Chest Dice Boxes!

Shaenon K Garrity, author of the Narbonic and Skin Horse web comics has kindly donated quite a collection of her work.

We also have some original art coming from Retropolis.

Arisia is a broad spectrum genre media convention - so if you are or know an artist, author, musician, publisher, maker of gaming or other geeky goodies who might like to donate, please let me know!

Remove ads