• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Running Rime of the Frost Maiden? Is it Good?

Zardnaar

Legend
Question. Rime looks great, very pretty etc etc.

However the opening act looks a bit underwhelming.

Taking away the oh so pretty layout is it actually any good? How is it to run?

I've only run a bit of it (and not as a main campaign yet), but I've enjoyed it thus far. I posted about it in one of the other Rime threads. I just picked one of the towns with an interesting quest (Bremen) and dove in. Connected the quest on the fly to the one in Lonelywood and the players were hooked and having a blast.

If I were to build a full campaign out of it, I would spend a bit more time tweaking things, but I think there's plenty of usable, interesting material here.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I just ran session 0 and session 1 today (10 hours total) and so far we love it. Like other published adventures, you have to fill in a LOT of the fine details and such, but there was tons of role-playing and adventure hooks, plus the players like the environmental conditions and the "thriller/horror" theme (sort of).

I rolled randomly and started in Bremen also (LOL!), took care of the adventure there, went to Targos to witness a lottery sacrifice, traveled to Good Mead to find the Torg merchant company and more.

We are running the full thing (a player bought the book and asked me to run it) using milestone leveling.

So, in running it you will get out of it as much as you put into it. There is a lot of NPCs and interaction to be had, but you have to be ready to run it or make up crap on the fly (which I did a lot of today). It is just the beginning, but so far it is looking good. :)

Hope that helps. Any further questions let me know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads