• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scout, Tempest, Dervish build?

Darthjaye said:
I just realized something, the scout and devish movement enhancements are the same bonus, so I believe they do not stack. Something to consider when putting these two together.

Nope, they don't stack. Its a shame too...

...but it makes sense so as not to make it too powerful.

slingbld

Explorer
Wholey COW!
I had no idea what kind of feedback I'd get with this question!!
Man some of these suggestions are making my head spin!

You are really gonna be hated by my gaming group.
I'm creating a big nasty body gaurd for the end of "City of the Spider Queen" module.
At the end there is a Human Shade ambassador at the tower, my group has 2 munchkin-ish characters in it so I need to beef up the encounter a bit. I was looking into making a Dervish type bodygaurd human shade. I was thinking 18 class levels plus the shade's abilities...

Scout 4/Ranger 2/Dervish 8/Highland Stalker 4
With the Shade template should scare them wittless enough. Especially when D-Doored into combat by his boss :)

Shellman

First Post
A friend of mine made a character build something like Rog 4/ Swash 4/ Duelist 10 (I forget exactly but these are the classes levels might be a little different) . He doesn't wear armor of any kind and has the highest AC in the party. Our DM checked the math on the build and it is accurate. His AC is in the high 40's and now goes over 50+ when he starts to fight defensively or goes totally defensive.

In fact, our DM is so flustered by this build we have been banned from ever making the same build again in his games.

If anyone wants to build a guy that is virtually impossible to hit check out those three classes. Make this build a TWF and you got someone who could slice and dice quite nicely!

On the down side, he doesn't inflict a lot of damage (he is not actually a TWF), but when he uses the Goad feat, none of the bad guys can hit him and the rest of the party just picks them off one buy one.

Remove ads