• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scratch Ticket Stats Revisited

S

Sunseeker

To what end, aside from being a blatant money grab and not actually solving a problem?

Stormonu

Legend
If these were index or playing-card pregenerated NPCs/PCs, I could see a possible use - scratch sections could be possibly useful to get a little variety. But just a stat array? Forget it. Just use dice or an online roller.

Frostmarrow

First Post
To what end, aside from being a blatant money grab and not actually solving a problem?

It could be fun. New possibilities and boundaries would be created. You could have an open game where you allow any card or you could deal one card per player before the game. You could trade cards with your friends, you'd have something to discuss at your FLGS, or gripe about on the internet. You could get an exciting daily fix of D&D anytime. It would expand our horizons. -Sure, it would be a money grab but as always you are free to purchase whatever gaming materials you like.

We'd have three ways of creating ability scores: Dice, Array, Ticket. More options never hurt D&D. (No really, it didn't).

Certainly the product itself need to be developed beyond what I've drawn up here. I'm sure WoTC could make it palatable.
However, I sense the market is not yet ready. :angel:

nightwalker450

First Post
Actually the drow set seems to have been the most popular one so far. Granted my perspective is from a GM of Encounters, and this season actually is promoting them more than usual.

The new Drow Set is mainly used for Drow, in that the cards themselves promote your worth in Drow society. And many of them are along the lines of inconvenience your ally in order to get some type of benefit for yourself.

Argyle King

Legend
Actually the drow set seems to have been the most popular one so far. Granted my perspective is from a GM of Encounters, and this season actually is promoting them more than usual.

The new Drow Set is mainly used for Drow, in that the cards themselves promote your worth in Drow society. And many of them are along the lines of inconvenience your ally in order to get some type of benefit for yourself.

It makes sense that they would be popular in Encounters play since (I believe) this season of Encounters is based around Drow. (Honestly, I'm not sure; I only know of Encounters via 2nd hand knowledge.) If the cards are directly useful for this season of Encounters, that's good for right now, but it seems to me that they become far less useful outside of Encounters once the season is over.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads