• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Search by username

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
While the "normal" search feature appears to be working, if I try to search by a specific username I never get any match. Is this a temporary glitch or is it one of the features that need to be coded anew?

Edit: I was wrong. I get posts, but just a few of them apparently. If I search for my posts, I only get this one, for example. Is this a problem with indexing?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I can't search for all my posts, either.

Nor, for that matter, can I search for threads by title- when I search for the ones I actually know by name, they don't show up.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, I just found out that if you look under "Settings"- top of page on the right- and click on it, you find the "Edit" buttons...AND subscriptions, so that may help people find some of their stuff.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would imagine that at some point we'll have to close the site for 12 hours or so and set it completely rebuilding the search index. I don't know that's the issue, but it sounds likely to me given that we haven't done that yet.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
It seems like the search only finds posts from the new ENWorld, and from March 2002 and earlier. Sounds like indexing that is slowly moving forward through the backlog of posts.

Remove ads