Seeking DnD player(s) in San Francisco ...

Jeff Wilder

First Post
We just lost a long-time player to a new job in LA, and need to find a replacement. Since we were down to four players (plus DM) anyway, we could potentially use two new players. Here are some notes on our play styles, our schedule, and what we're looking for:

(1) We're looking for folks who will give the game a fairly high priority. Basically, this means making the attempt to schedule other events and engagements around the game, rather than showing up only on those days where you don't have anything else to do.

(2) We play on Sundays, for about five to six hours a session, but we're open to playing on Saturdays instead. There are two games: an Eberron game DMed by me, and an Age of Worms game run by someone else. We try to alternate days.

(3) The Eberron game is currently hosted in Los Gatos, but will soon be moving back north to SF or the peninsula. The Age of Worms game is being hosted in Pacifica. Rides can be arranged from BART stations.

(4) The games are currently weighted just a bit too much toward combat, and away from serious roleplaying, IMO. That's not to say that I want hardcore dramatist players, but players willing to unselfconsciously roleplay -- and bear with us while we (possibly slowly) adjust -- would be great.

(5) We're looking for mature players, but age isn't really an issue. (If you're younger than 16 or so, I'd want to speak to a parent, to make sure they're okay with your association with a bunch of older geeks.)

(6) Non-smokers are preferred, but as we have some smokers now -- all smoking done outside -- additional smokers aren't really going to take any more time away from gaming.

(7) Both DMs play pretty much "let the dice fall where they may," but neither of us views the game as "DM versus Players," and neither of us at all enjoys characters dying. You won't find monsters or NPCs behaving as homicidal maniacs in our games ... unless they really are homicidal maniacs, in which case they can be pretty scary.

(8) We are definitely not interested in "gamer-and-SO" duos. That's not to say that couples will be rejected outright, but we'd want both players interested in and engaged in the game from the outset, rather than one or the other just along for the ride.

(9) Most of us are 30-something professionals. All of us are high-functioning geeks. Like most geeks, we're fond of quoting movies and making inappropriate jokes. Most of us are pretty liberal, politically. You don't have to be any of these things, but you have to be able to tolerate all of them.

If you think you might be interested, please send me email. (I'm unlikely to follow this thread and see posts made here.) We'll set up a meeting over coffee and see if we both think you and the game would be a good match.

Remove ads