Seeking Player's for a PbP Forgotten Realms 3.5 D&D Gam

i2amsocial

Villager
Well met,

I am seeking 4 to 5 players for an adventure that is set in the Forgotten Realms. The quest begins in Calimport, near the Shining Sea. This sprawling capital city of the country of Calimshan for the most part, was by far the largest city in all Faerûn. The adventure is a 3.5 D&D conversion of the Desert of Desolation module Pharaoh, the first of three modules in the series. The starting level will be between levels 5th to 7th and I will be determining who starts at what level.

This game will be hosted at my forum at http://d20rpgwizards.info/sforum/index.php, as a play by post (PbP). Interested players may send a request to join (RTJ) by way of a message or email. The RTJ should include a little about your history as a player, what character class you will want to play, and a short background of the character, and how how the character not only fits into the Forgotten Realms but why is the character in Calimport right now. Once you have contacted me, I will give to you the link to the character creation guidelines, and other game rules. I will also provide you with the link to my forum.

Thanks.

Last edited:

i2amsocial

Villager
Come on folks, we are still looking to get the games I mentioned in the above message going. We have 4 now in the Calimport PhP game. I will run a d20Pro game if we get folks wanting to do that, but I still have only two interested players for the Temple of Elemental Evil d20Pro game, which is lower than I was expecting this far out with an ad. I am also considering a PbP version of this game because there is an interest in me doing so.

People continue to look at this thread, but I have had no messages or replies left by any of you. If you looked at this message, then I want to talk to you! What are you trying to find, and how can I make it happen.

I am open to hosting a d20Pro game at any time of the day and on any day of the week except for Sundays. This offer is good as long as there are at least 4 or more players wanting to get together to play during this day/time.

So, there should be no reason for anyone looking at this thread to not contact me to let me know what you are looking for.

Lets Game!

Forsedn

First Post
I've been trying to find a way to play a D&D 5th ed game. This is very tempting. Thought about PbP. But I don't know if I would enjoy continuing a game over such a long period of time. And I am so very new to playing D&D, that I think I would do it wrong. I can't actually say that I have played one game. And then this is 3.5 D&D, which I'm afraid would confuse me.

I found a PbP FAQ here on enworld.org at:
Damn, I can't post the link because
"You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

i2amsocial

Villager
The answer to your question...

Most players try to post once a day, though some games have a 1-3 day rule or even once a week. If you are not going to be able to post during the required time, the DM will post for you, and usually give you a warning unless you told the DM and players in advance that you were going to be absent, and set it up with the DM for him to post for you. That is widely accepted by DM's when players are cramming for exams, going on vacation, sick, and etc...

Come on, and give it a try!

i2amsocial

Villager
3.5 or Pathfinder is quite fun.

The newer versions of D&D have drawn their own crowds, mostly new and younger generation players who have never experienced some of the older versions. I am an old school gamer, going back to the very origins of the game. The preference to what version to play is up to you, though most tend to come back to 3.5 or Pathfinder when it comes to the older gamer.

With that said, PbP or VTT, which is what my game room offers is a way we can play when there is nobody that will play a sit at the table home game. I live in a remote wilderness type area, so finding a player is virtually impossible.

You're welcome to come check us out, and we would be very happy to show you the ropes.

Thanks!

Remove ads