• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Settings - Advancing Timelines, Reimagining, Etc.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I like that they advance stories. I can choose to communicate those as other things happening in the world, to make it more real, or to integrate it into what my PCs are doing, or ignore it. It makrsy life easier. Again, I do not understand the other side on this one. If you don't want to advance the story their way, you already own what you need. What harm do additional products do to those that do not want the new stuff?

I like that they advance stories. I can choose to communicate those as other things happening in the world, to make it more real, or to integrate it into what my PCs are doing, or ignore it. It makrsy life easier. Again, I do not understand the other side on this one. If you don't want to advance the story their way, you already own what you need. What harm do additional products do to those that do not want the new stuff?

If the assumption is that the setting is going to change, future products will presumably be written for the changed setting. If you don't like the changes, or change the world in different ways, those products will be less useful to you even if they cover things that would otherwise incline you to buy them.

Steely_Dan

First Post
I like settings to remain static (let the individual DM evolve it), not to be meddled with too much from writers and their meta-setting ideas (such as Time of Troubles, Prism Pentad, The Grand Conjunction, Faction War, etc).

Al-Qadim was perfect in this regard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads